Live Your Best Life With Rewards for Good. Start Earning Reward Points Now. Get Started Now!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: R4G from Wha?- to Worse

Message 1 of 21

sm19422486 wrote:

Are we ever going to get our tools and Healthcare laws points back???? Our daily points are hardly nothing and now the weekly points are going away.

@sm19422486  Good question. 

It's a sad situation. I finally reached 800,000 points two days ago. I should have been there 3 or 4 weeks ago. I've used the survey a couple times to complain about the Rewards program, mostly because it gives opportunity to write a sentence or two. Not that doing so helped, except to let me blow off steam. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 2 of 21

Are we ever going to get our tools and Healthcare laws points back???? Our daily points are hardly nothing and now the weekly points are going away.

Message 3 of 21

n566192l wrote:

Ok, my skills have improved on the site thanks to EPSTER. What is the problem?

@n566192l  Oh just a number of points earning tasks having to be repaired. Like 2/3rds of the daily tasks, I think. Waaa. Smiley Happy  They'll be back.

And hey: I see you posting videos! Rock on! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 21

Ok, my skills have improved on the site thanks to EPSTER. What is the problem?

Message 5 of 21

ab1695 wrote:

The monthly point earners all turn over on Friday. How many won't work? I'm thinking of starting a pool. Any interest?

@ab1695 I'm a loser! Smiley Happy I found only 3 of the monthly tasks failed to function. The 401(k) Calculator shows 300 points available but refuses to give them (that was even before I got 20 points from the daily points cap) The other two, the Social Security Benefits calculator and the Personal Debt Consolidation calculator claim I've already earned the points. Not true, but what can you do?

Anyway, I was clearly wrong in guessing that half the monthly renewing tasks would malfunction today, so I lost the pool. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 21

sm19422486 wrote:

Sure hope we get compensated for the days of points we missed due to being down........

@sm19422486  Love it!  I think a 10,000 point log in bonus the day everything is repaired sounds good. Smiley Happy

Conversationalist

Message 7 of 21

Sure hope we get compensated for the days of points we missed due to being down........

Message 8 of 21

ab1695 wrote:

(Usually, the "help" desk implies that WE are doing something wrong -- ad blockers, cookies, rebooting, evil Intel sprites.)

The monthly point earners all turn over on Friday. How many won't work? I'm thinking of starting a pool. Any interest?

End of rant (for now)

@ab1695  LOL. I feel ya. The last 16ish months were a comedy of errors minus the comedy. The program was a mess. (I can only speak about the point earning side: I'm still just Scrooging away my points, so don't have knowledge of how things are on the redemption side of the program).

That said, I think they made great strides with the new earning page design. It's quite helpful to not have to search all over the site to make 30 points at a time for the doing. 

Hopefully the repairs on those tasks they removed today will be speedy and true. Smiley Happy I appreciated the notification and update. Stuff happens. 

Now, as to your Friday pool. Hmmmm... there's a good chance that you are right. So ... I say 

Spoiler
half of the calculators will be broken.

Smiley Happy

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 9 of 21

This is so typical of AARP. Don't fix it, just delete it.

I've been doing R4G ever since it launched 3 years ago, and have watched it go downhill since the end of the first year. What do we have now? About a third the number of auctions each day and a bidding system that has reduced the number of  individual bidders for each item fro several hundred to 15 to 20. So Step One in reducing reasons to engage with the site.

Then there was the Great Site Redesign, which made the type size smaller, changed a bunch of logos and caused most of the redesigned point earners to glitch. No beta testing of course before making them "live."

Then, a reduction from 50 to 20 of the number of prizes offered in the sweepstakes, lowering the odds of winning significantly.

Now we're supposed to be sycophantly grateful because we actually get a forum moderator to finally admit the glitch is on AARP's end rather than its users? (Usually, the "help" desk implies that WE are doing something wrong -- ad blockers, cookies, rebooting, evil Intel sprites.)

End of rant (for now)

Message 10 of 21

sandy wrote:

We're also removing the following items from the earned list until they get fixed.  They will be back soon.

Health

Tool: Recipes search

Tool: Symptom checker

Tool: Drug Interaction checker

Tool: Drugs A-Z

Tool: Pill Identifier

Tool: Drug Comparison

Guide: Health Law

Thank you.

Sandy

@sandy  Thanks for this update. I was just over at R4G and saw these items have been removed, so came back here to ask about it and saw your update. Smiley Happy

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors