Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Points values

Message 1 of 9

@godsaveus1 

Hello,

I asked that very same question in a Post I created named Bidding on Valuable Items.  There are some people that have that many points and more and it took them years to obtain.  I was told that it was easier to get points years ago, but now as you can see it's very hard.

I also saw a post that stated that AARP employees are also bidding on these valuable itemsSmiley Sad

You can look at the replies in my post.

Have a Blessed Day,

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

POINTS HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE ? YOU EARN THEM FREE, YOU HAVE THE POINTS TO BID, YOU BID, YOU WIN OR LOSE! MY QUESTION IS HOW DO PEOPLE HAVE 700,000 POINTS CURRENTLY 772,000 POINTS BID ON AMAZON /NEST ITEMS HOW HOW CAN I GET TO 700,000 POINTS AND HOW MANY YEARS WILL IT TAKE????????????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Points , 2018

Message 3 of 9

bw508,

I have to tell you that without Epster and the Others, I wouldn't know how to earn anything. About a year ago Epster answered my questions and has been helping me out with Rewards For Goods Points ever since. I am very grateful for all of her and the others assistance. Nancy

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@bw508  Good job on the 900 thousand points! 

Yeah, if I had a Fitbit I'd be earning quite a few additional points, what with my exercise routines, but I'm saving up for cycling-specific monitoring systems to help me improve my cycling instead. Smiley Happy  Best wishes on your exercise program.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker ++
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

I became a Rewards for Good member in Jan of 2015. I started savings for a stand mixer. I saved until I had enough points to bid for what they were going for then, and the bids got higher and higher. So I would save another 6 months. Still not enough points. Two and a half years later I was saving for a 600/700 hundred dollar Walmart/Shell card, bids still higher that the points I had. Now going on 3 years and just a little over 900 hundred thousand points. I have not spent any points. And part of the first year I didnt know about earning daily, weekly, and monthly points. Thanks to Epster and few other member who shared how to earn these points. But the 1000 dollars cards are getting higher and higher bids. I am wondering if I could win one with 1 million points?  I'm working hard to get there? I was thinking about getting a Fitbit to earn extra points, dont know of anyone getting these extra point. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@n566192l wrote:

Epster,

wasn't it sometime last May that this whole point system with the rewards for good started getting really crazy.? Thanks for helping the promo codes both promo codes works for me today Yahoo. Congrats on the gold girl you go go go cycle cycle cycle.Nancy

@n566192l  Nancy, 

Oh good! Glad you were able to nab those promo code Rewards points! Rah!

Yep, I think the risible, preposterous, absurd and ridiculously high auction bids have been going on for well over a year. Maybe even years. Which tends to suggest that some accounts are able to earn/amass points more, shall we say, efficiently, than most of us.

And thanks! Medals 16, 17 & 18 in the bag. Two more medal races left in this season. Yay! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Epster,

wasn't it sometime last May that this whole point system with the rewards for good started getting really crazy.? Thanks for helping the promo codes both promo codes works for me today Yahoo. Congrats on the go girl you go go go cycle cycle cycle.Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Bids like those make me think the bidders either did not spend years clicking around in order to  amass points, or they were programmed by a human with less than stellar mathematics skills.

Just sayin. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Points values

Message 9 of 9

I wonder if people are confused about the value of the points because of the comma for thousands versus the period for decimal (dollars and cents, hundreds). Some of the auction items make me think that maybe some people are tired of having so many points and just want to get rid of them.

At first glance, at least two people were intent on paying 10 times value by 10:30 ET this morning on the new auction items. However, the $25 Amazon gift card ending September 10 at 107,001 ($1,070.01), along with several others at different multiples, just go way out there. My mind is boggled!

Today’s short lineup as of 10:40ish a.m. ET:

$5 Best Buy Gift Card – 5,003 ($50.03)

$5 Subway Gift Card – 5,001 ($50.01)

$15 Walmart Gift Card – 15,076 ($150.76)

$15 Macy’s Gift Card – 15,001 ($150.01)

$5 Walmart eGift Card – 5,000 ($50.00)

$5 CVS eGift Card – 5,001 ($50.01)

Bids like these are the ones that make me think bidders are confused about the comma for thousands.

Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Replies