Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Please Fix Daily Deal

Message 11 of 21

Today, I was online and ready for when the "Daily Deal" was going to become available...  at 3:00 when the countdown counter reached 00, it immediately said "ENDED".  I believe that the "Daily Deal" is truly a scam and a total waste of time any more.  AARP should just take it down as it is frustrating more members than entertaining them to say the least.  The only thing that seems to work as designed is the constant badgering that your membership dues are due... starting around 6 months before your membership term actually expires... and, as we all know, seniors just LOVE to be badgered.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21

I think you nailed it, Dude!  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

Scam to get masses to come to the website. To increase numbers so advertisers will think more people are veiwing their ads.... more people more money.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21

scam

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

Me, too!   And, AARP is now even preventing attempts to complain about this.  I tried to submit the following message via the "Contact" link, but my attempt was "unsucessful."  Pretty clear this is yet another AARP RFG scam.  

My complaint message: Over the years, I've been able to get an occasional Daily Deal.  However, in the past few weeks, the DD is not working properly.  While I am able to click on the deal at 3 p.m., it does not appear in my cart.  (The message tells me that I've succeeded and that the item will remain in my cart for 20 minutes.  But, the "continue" link does not work, and nothing actually appears in my cart.  I see others are having the same problem and messages from AARP RFG staff says it's being worked on. But, it's been dysfunctional for weeks now, and is still not working. What's up with that? 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21

Tried to submit the following complaint via "Contact Us."  Submission was "unsuccessful."  Pretty clear now that the Daily Deal is no longer anything more than another AARP scam.  

Complaint: Over the years, I've been able to get an occasional Daily Deal.  However, in the past few weeks, the DD is not working properly.  While I am able to click on the deal at 3 p.m., it does not appear in my cart.  (The message tells me that I've succeeded and that the item will remain in my cart for 20 minutes.  But, the "continue" link does not work, and nothing actually appears in my cart.  I see others are having the same problem and messages from AARP RFG staff says it's being worked on. But, it's been dysfunctional for weeks now, and is still not working. What's up with that? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

After the Daily Deal is "successfully" added to my shopping cart," the "Continue" link does not work. Nor does anything appear on my shopping cart (still zero), even though the message says the item is in my shopping cart for the next 20 minutes.  Apparently, this is yet another AARP scam.  

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

Thanks for posting this topic OP.  It looks like, with the "improvements" that the last thing I could try to do with my points, is gone for me.   It used to be that the button would turn when the time ran out.  Now I never see a button until all items are gone....can't even try.   I had my share of them in the past, certainly not all the time, but occasionally.  Now it's no use to come to the computer at 3 EST as the only things I can ever get, if I wanted them, are magazines and the costly things that don't sell out.  Last year I started working harder to get points, got more although not enough to compete on any big item, and can't see dropping all of them to get a $5 or $10 gift card that goes for way way more points that it is worth in the auctions.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

Maybe my problem was related to this.
Browser: Firefox
Starting Wednesday, my RFG catalog wouldn't load. I'd get only a frame for the page with no details in it.
Yesterday, I called RFG support. The agent suggested I clear my cache and cookies. I guess the RFG updates didn't work with the old cache and cookie settings.
I tried clearing just the ones on the list that were obviously AARP related, and that didn't do it. I did it again, but just clicked the button to clear all. I don't like to do that, of course, but once I did, I was able to get into the RFG catalog and engage in the activities there.
Good luck!
Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

@k380494p We're sorry you're having problems with the Daily Deals. We're looking into these issues.

Kudos
Views