Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Non-listed Auctions

Message 1 of 4

@olderbyfar 

Auctions available for Bidders to participate in will vary depending on each Bidder's current Points balance. In such instance, a Bidder can only view and participate in auctions that they are eligible to bid on based on their current Points balance. If Bidder desires to continue seeing a specific Auction regardless of Points balance, Bidder should add that particular auction to "My Auctions." Auction items available to Bidders are at Program Manager's sole discretion.

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@olderbyfar   This puzzled me for years.  Then some months ago a poster mentioned that she and her husband saw different auctions.  An admin confirmed that the auctions you see are determined by your point level.   From experimenting and bidding  I think the cutoff for seeing the very lowest tier is 10K points.   When I'm over that (never to happen again, unfortunately), I see others.   

There is debate whether this has been a fair practice, but now it's a moot point as all this is ending.  I can only advise to spend down and see what appears.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Hello @olderbyfar ,

That's a good point, I would also like to know how to bid in Auctions with a lower tier.

@AARPTeri 

Could you please explain why all the Auctions are above my points range?  Thanks for your help.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Non-listed Auctions

Message 4 of 4

When I look at CLOSED AUCTIONS, I see a number of auctions that don't appear under LIVE AUCTIONS. How do I get to participate?

Kudos
Views
Replies