Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: No Weekly News Quiz This Week?

Message 1 of 11

Thanks, @Epster.   The Nov. 10 was the earliest I could find and also one I missed doing.   

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

@HokiePoq  Hurrah! I'm glad you found two quizzes with available points!

I'm sorry I didn't take a note on that date this morning; I just went until I could go back no more. I thought it was December or January. I was on my first cuppa and only thought to post about the find when I got Teri's response above. I should have checked. My bad. Smiley Happy

I did just go back and check the date for the first Weekly News Quiz, though. It was November 10th, 2017.  I'll edit my original post on the subject so that anyone seeing that (but not this) in the future will have the right date. Thanks! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

I was pleased to find two I hadn't done...didn't think there would be any as I enjoy that activity.  How far back did you go?  Both of them I hadn't done were in 2017.   Oldest one I found was November 2017.  Is that when the news quizzes started?   Thanks, @Epster for the info.  This should be really helpful for those new to the site and those who only recently started doing the news quizzes.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

Thanks @AARPTeri, I found this week's quiz in the usual spot this morning. Hurrah!

Here's something I discovered about the Weekly News Quizzes this morning: each one has a sort of 'back' button that will take you to the previous week's quiz. Using this link ("news quiz", as seen below) a person can go all the way back to the inception of the Weekly News Quizzes, one point earning opportunity at a time. In doing this I found 3 of the older quizzes were offering me 75 points to take them. Apparently I hadn't taken these 3 quizzes before. Find the link to each previous quiz (AKA the 'back' button) at the bottom of the quiz page:

Weekly News Quiz back button.png

Open the current Weekly News Quiz, then click on "news quiz" as shown above, to get the previous week's quiz. Repeat all the way back to November 10th, 2017 when these quizzes began to check for unearned news quiz points.

Here's hoping others find a bevy of these older Weekly News Quizzes offering 75 Rewards points. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

@Epster  Sorry for the delay in responding.  Our quizzes are up and there was the latest one posted yesterday on flu shots.  https://www.aarp.org/rewards-for-good/earn-points/

Teri

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

@AARPTeri wrote:

@Epster @HokiePoq @k380494p @Brightpool

Thanks Karen for posting last week's and here is the latest one that is up today.

https://www.aarp.org/travel/vacation-ideas/outdoors/info-2016/national-parks-quiz.html

Wait. Something went haywire: that's the National Parks Quiz.

I checked the R4G page where the previous weekly news quizzes are posted, and last week's quiz has been added, but not this week's. Is this quiz going to be posted elsewhere from now on?

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

@Epster @HokiePoq @k380494p @Brightpool

Thanks Karen for posting last week's and here is the latest one that is up today.

https://www.aarp.org/travel/vacation-ideas/outdoors/info-2016/national-parks-quiz.html

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

Thanks for the info!   Had missed it myself...just 75 points but interesting each week.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist