Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: New Rewards Program-Let's Be Positive

Message 1 of 9

@k380494p 

Ditto K

I too have missed the activities & all

Also really have missed the Weekly News Quiz I've searched AARP site but no luck seeing it & anything with it.  It was always an interesting & informative quiz... I've listened to News minute on AARP App but not the same 😏

Look forward to getting back into the groove of things

Enjoy your day! 

Ginger  :  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

I am definitely looking forward to the new program.  Really miss all the activities.  Hopefully, there will be more variety and new activities.  Maybe some points for brain games?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@montco1 

Hi there montco

FYI all the magazines(free with points only) I've gotten from R4G Daily Deals are not attached to any automatic renewal they don't get your credit card info or anything

Towards the end of yearly subscriptions the magazine will offer you a special price that would most likely be setup on automatic with them but not R4G but I never subscribed that way just watched for ones want again as Daily Deal get again that way R4G usually offered every 6 months no more than twice a year 

*Daily Deal August 27th is offering Women's Day for points only* they just recently offered Men's Health & Women's Health magazines 

Also if you purchase R4G magazines offered for sale

[ know this R4G offers great prices with points & $$ to buy example:  TV Guide it beats what TV Guide offers] without any automatic setup 

If have points and like magazines check them out you'll see some great offers

Have a great weekend

Ginger ;  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Hello @montco1@andrewtoo  ,

Yes, that would be sad if the magazine stopped.  I think printed magazines will become a thing of the past; hopefully for a little longer we'll still receive "AARP magazine".  Have you heard something?  The only thing changing I believe is  the program "Rewards for Good" to "AARP Rewards".  

Hopefully that will be a better experience going forward.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@montco1 

Yes, agreed, paper magazines will die.  But, consider that paper magazines are better at the pool and outdoor bright light.  My adorable girlfriend enjoys paper magazines at the pool, thus, I have subscriptions for her.  Points only!  She has one of those book readers that work in bright light, but, it is just a book reader(plain pages), while magazines have charts, photos, graphics that appeal to her.  There is also an indoor pool for later, and the magazines come back with water damage regularly, but no problem, they served their purpose. Who would have thought!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Get better discounts. Heck, if you watch the inserts in newspapers, register with restaurants, and just have a keen eye on things you can do a lot better than 10% on gift cards. Some of the other products wouldn't touch at all. Magazine subsrciptions ?? the hook they get your credit card and the auto renewal kicks in....the old gotcha. Magazines are dying, like newspapers. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@k380494p 

Hey Karen you deserve 7+ more kudos You rock 💃😇🦸‍♀️

Can't add more to your grand post... just a DITTO! 

I agree with all you said program & our community has been/are a blessing to me

Thanks for bringing some light into our world 

Gratefully 

Ginger  :  ) 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

New Rewards Program-Let's Be Positive

Message 9 of 9

There has been a lot of negativity regarding the ending of R4G.  I, myself, was extremely frustrated when the announcement came with the prospect of losing almost 1 million points.  However, some positivity is in order.  I am focusing on what the program has given me and, although I will miss the current RFG Program, I am looking forward to the new AARP Rewards.  Hopefully, the new program will be as rewarding (or more so) than the old. 

I feel I have received rewards even though I will probably still have a large number of points remaining when the current program ends.  I have learned a lot by taking the quizzes and reading related articles.  The Weekly News Quiz helped me keep up with current events and piqued my curiosity for certain topics.  Many of the calculators were helpful.  The Fitbit points for 10,000 steps kept me moving which has helped me lose a good amount of weight.  I took advantage of the ten percent off certain gift cards that are not available elsewhere.  Finally, although I have never won a sweepstakes in the almost three years I have been a participant, the quest of occasionally snagging a Daily Deal was fun (the thrill of the hunt).

In regards to the Daily Deal.  Not everything offered will (has) appeal to everyone.  I personally enjoy the gift cards and have no interest in most of the merchandise.  However, many items offered do not last long.  I have also seen several posts on this forum by members who have been thrilled with getting items.  Just goes to show that the program attempted to appeal to a variety of members.

I can go on, but I just want to say “No rewards program is perfect.  You just have to make the best of it.” 

Hope everyone who reads this post has a wonderful day and is willing to give the new program a chance.

Karen

Kudos
Views
Replies