Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Log in status

Message 1 of 11

@russel77033   I am sorry your avator photo did not work for you as hoped.  The size of the image could be too large and therefore causing you strange issues.  I would be happy to resize and send to you if you would like, just let me know.  

As far as log in and log out - there is this feature when you click down on the arrow next to your name.  This is the same log in for Rewards for Good, do you have cookies deleted regularly and possibly have to log in at every instance?  

logout.JPG

AARPTeri
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

@RussellP197074 

LOL, upside-down and Antarctica! But sorry for your frustration.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

I just tried to upload a picture for my avatar and gave up.  If the picture was portrait, it came in on it's side.  If it was landscape, it comes in upside down. Even if I rotated the image before uploading it, the Community software could not get it right.  What country did they go to to get the software for this site? The best programmer they could get who was born in Antarctica?

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

When drop down open

Screenshot_20190319-154459_Samsung Internet.jpgLogout/ login button on upper bar

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

@RussellP197074 

Hey Russell when you refer to an A v(see pic below on mid right) being there are you referring to the AARP Symbol with downward arrow? Cause  clicking v/arrow that shows a logout button in drop down?  

Screenshot_20190319-151627_Samsung Internet.jpgA(badge) v(downward arrow) next to R4G badge

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

@RussellP197074 wrote:

Like right now, while I am on this page, the "My rewards" button is not present. The only way I know I am logged in on his page is the "Hi, myname" toward the right side.  It's not there on every page even when I eventually confirm that I am still logged in.

Hey Russell when your on any community page you'll know you are logged in, when your "avatar"/picture is there cause you can't post without being signed in member.  

Also I use my smartphone and tablet most of time on site rarely PC so can't vouch for what shows up on PC but do know pages between phone and tablet are setup differently because one has more space to provide information on.

Hopefully @AARPTeri Teri will provide some helpful insight : ) 

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

@RussellP197074 

Hey Russell

Yes indeed that happens most likely to us all Depends what going to... most times happens when I click to go to anything about my account it makes me sign in again along with putting 3 items showing in fraud box as a verification. I have other online accounts that do that also just to confirm its me before they allow edits or such but also AARP site does it if I've been active for many hours, personally I consider it a protection security measure. 

Possibly this is what's going with you? I feel its nothing to be concerned about... having said that will reach out for help find out what info they'll provide 

@AARPTeri Teri do you have any thoughts about this you may can share to Russell? Thanks appreciate any help! 

Ginger  ; ) 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

Like right now, while I am on this page, the "My rewards" button is not present. The only way I know I am logged in on his page is the "Hi, myname" toward the right side.  It's not there on every page even when I eventually confirm that I am still logged in.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

Ginger,

The problem is, some of the rewards pages I click to get to for points takes me to a new login window.  It makes me wonder if I am logged in before that, or  that maybe something I did caused me to log out withoiut knowing it. Other websites that I frequent often have a Log in or log out button at the top of every page, which does more than give you the option of activating the button.  If it says Log out you know that you are currently logged in, and vice versa.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

@RussellP197074 

Hi Russell

Anytime you want to confirm your signed in you can click the menu bar it'll have your name on top of menu

Way I verify I am logged in b4 doing any quizzes or entering Sweeps is by checking "My Rewards" from R4G drop down menu verify I've been given my daily 75 points for logging in that we are given each day log in. "My Rewards" contains loads of info:  Shows all points earned and all spent on Sweeps or purchases also can click Closed Sweeps to see  your entries & winners lists for Sweepstakes & more. 

Hope this helps Enjoy your day,

Ginger  : ) 

Kudos
Views