Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 61 of 86

@sandy @AARPTeri @VoyagerVicki 

The new AARP Rewards uses points and cash, correct?  So, this means you have to use cash or points for Daily deals, Sweeps and Rewards Catalog?

If you have to use points or cash, why can't you carry your points over?

I may be interpreting this the wrong way, please explain.  Can you earn points with AARP Rewards?

Thanks so much for an explanation, and answers to my questions!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 86

Hi @ks18192309, Yes, you can still donate your points as always:

This month’s direct link to donate points is https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarppfcJune19 (You can also access the link for the current month at https://rewards.aarp.org and click on the “Donate Now” red button in the banner near the top of the page. If you don’t see the banner, the cap of points that can be donated for the month has been reached. So, better to do so near the beginning of the month.)

Once on the Donation page, you may donate 1,000 points (limit) by following these steps:

• Click the “Add to Shopping Cart” button.
  • Then click the “Proceed to Check Out” button.

Once checked out, the points will be deducted from your balance. You will receive a confirmation email detailing your points donation.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 86

$5 Target Gift Card auction currently at 225,682 points.  How sad.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 86

Are we able to donate our points still?  Or would that end up costing AARP too much?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 86

I think more notice should have been given to end this program.  I have been saving points to try to get something worthwhile (something other than a $5 gift card).  Well, all of a sudden, I have until sometime later this summer to use all of the points I have been accumulating daily and saving.  The date of sometime later this summer is vague.  Why can't they say an exact date?  More notice should have been given.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 86

I am not seeing deals to use my points...Also, I want points only deals.  The period of time to use my points seems rather short.

Where are the deals?  This is a sad transition...

"Will I be able to use my points for items in the rewards catalog?

Yes. We encourage you to visit the Rewards Catalog to use your points before the program ends later this summer. We're stocked up the Rewards for Good catalog with hundreds of new rewards and prizes. So you have plenty to choose from before the program ends."

Not impressed,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 86

@t154747s Points don't carry over because you don't need your points in the same way with the new AARP Rewards. Today you have to have points to make a purchase. In the new you will be able to use points or cash. It's for this reason that points will not carry over.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 86

@WhoNeedsToKnow , we hear you.  Also know that Legacy Rewards for Good users will get a welcome bonus when AARP Rewards launches. This will allow you to hit the ground running. It is AARP’s way of saying thank you. Details on how you claim the Welcome Bonus will be coming soon.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 86

Why couldn't the points convert? I've seen other points based loyalty programs do that where there was some sort of conversion factor and you didn't lose your points, you just got a different kind of equavilent in the new scheme.

Tom

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 86

@k380494p We hear you and appreciate the time and discipline you're spent collecting points. What's the good auction you were hoping to get into?

Your hard earned points don't carry over because you don't need your points in the same way with the new AARP Rewards. Today you have to have points to make a purchase. In the new you will be able to use points or cash. It's for this reason that points will not carry over.

Sandy

Kudos
Views