Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 41 of 86

Hello @HokiePoq, The areas mentioned in my post below are for the current program. 

Please know that we will be letting folks know about the new things being added for redemption from now until September.  Those postings will be placed in this forums so be sure to check back regularly.

Sandy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 86

@sandy   I am thinking @FordMan2  has already thought of the thngs you've listed which have been around for a long tme and not such a good value.   Odds are poor in sweepstakes even without everyone dumping their points; gift cards are discounted more at warehouse clubs;  and local deals are often not known to the merchants you take them to to redeem.   Options that requre significant cash to take advantage of points are not good choices.

Or perhaps you are speaking of the new things that were to be added for the redemption period?  If so please let us know what new options have been added.   That would be most appreciated.   

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 86

@FordMan2 We have more ways to redeem outside of Auctions. 

Are you entering the Sweeps?  Are you checking out your Local Deals?  Have you browsed our Merchandise?  Have you seen all the Gift Cards available at a discount? If you're planning to travel, check out the Travel area of Rewards for Good too.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 86

You can't convert the old points to the new points in value?? Please. We're getting the shaft because now everybody is dumping their points, consequently, everything has tripled in cost, points wise. This is REALLY unfair to all of us in this old program as we can't get nearly what we could get before you announced this new program. 

If you continue to implement this new program, there's no reason for me to stay with AARP if you're going to treat us like this.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 86

@VoyagerVicki 

Thanks for posting that information.  That is definitely good to know.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 86

Hi @mi4090 

Yes, we will have a community forum for AARP Rewards just like we do for Rewards for Good for any help, questions, notices, etc.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 86

@AARPTeri @sandy @AARPLynne 

Good Morning Community Managers,

I forgot to ask if there will be a Community Forum for AARP Rewards?

Thanks for letting me know in advance.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 86

@AARPTeri @sandy @AARPLynne 

Thanks for responding, but if the New AARP Rewards uses points; why can't we carry are points over that we've struggled so hard for?  Points are Points, old or new!!

Will Deluxe Rewards be in control of the New AARP Rewards program?

Thank you for you answers.

Have a Blessed Day.

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 86

@k380494p I'm gathering that information and will share as soon as I have it all together.  Thank you for your patience.

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 86

@WhoNeedsToKnow wrote:

Thank you but let those who need to know, a joining bonus of anything less than all of the points that I worked hard to collect will be too little... 

I wont be participating at all. I suspect I wont be alone either. If I had to guess, many of us will be joining other associations instead.

But thank you, for your reply. Smiley Happy

@WhoNeedsToKnow, we hear you. There’s plenty of time to decide whether you’d like to participate. We’d love to have you join in the new program.

Kudos
Views