Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 31 of 86

@AARPBriana @AARPTeri 

I too am standing with 

Andrew @andrewtoo & others 

Where are the deals you've mentioned that would be stocked into merchandise catalog ? I've checked several times and see nothing different than before

Who? Not I want to/can spend $1000's to use our hard earned time spent points

Hope is fading.....

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 86

I have been looking through the Merchandise Catalog over the past couple of weeks.  I do not see any great bargains.  In fact, several items I looked at cost more after points than I can purchase elsewhere on the web.  For example, 1 year (54 issues) of People Magazine is listed for $98.66 ater 2500 points.  It can be purchased directly from their website for $89.10.  \

Another example:  The Callaway Clubhouse Backpack is listed for $57.99 after 2200 points.  I found it on another website the other day as 'clearance' for $39.99.

These are just two examples I found quickly.  I have seen other merchandise priced the same way.

The 10% of of giftcards is ok in some cases....But....if you try to use one at Kohl's you cannot get the 15/20/30% off you can get with your Kohl's credit card.  In fact, if you have a $5 gift card and use it towards a $60 purchase you cannot get any discount you can get with your credit card.

I have over 900k points and would have to spend over $81,000 to use them to buy gift cards.

Just had to vent

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 86

@AARPBriana   You are not the first admin to say there are/will be new items in the catalog.  Just what new items are you referring to?   The last admin that posted listed all the same options that have been available since day one of the program.   I fortunately do not have so many points left but would be interested in seeing any new options.  

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 86

@ridgeviewfarm I understand how frustrating change can be. We are updating the program which will include a new point earning and redeeming structure which is why we cannot allow points to be transferred over. The catalog is full of tons of new prizes and rewards so you have plenty of options to spend your points before the program ends. We also have larger sweepstakes and more point only daily deals. I hope you'll reconsider your membership and give the new program a chance!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 86

I wont renew either. Already subscribed to a competitor...  Done with AARP.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 86

This smells very fishy, as in it stinks!  I have spent hundreds of hours over the past year accumulating over 400,000 points.  I have been saving my points, looking forward to using them for something substantial.  Now, I'll be lucky if I get a $5 gift card.  And, I shouldn't have to spend money, i.e., spend $90 along with 1,000 points to get a $100 gift card.  At that rate, I'd have to spend over $4,000 to use my points! 

There is no reason why all of our points can't be transferred to the new program.  All you have to do is determine how many points from the old program equal the same dollar value in the new program.  Rewards for Good is the only reason I have remained an AARP member.  Being cheated out of a lot of money I have worked long and hard to earn, there is little likelihood that I will renew my membership.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 86

Hello @AARPTeri ,

I think @mi4090 and now I am asking when the points only deals as stated below will begin, "There are more items in the catalog that you can redeem using points only."

Also, I have not seen how  "The catalog has been stocked in anticipation of the announcement and there will be plenty of options for you to choose from before Rewards for Good ends and AARP Rewards begins."

Ok, Daily Deal gift cards are points only and only $5...not much difference than before.

So, when will we start to see the points only items?

Thanks so much,

Andrew

@AARPTeri wrote:

Rewards for Good forum users,

I wanted to give you a heads up on some exciting news being announced today. In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards and will have many of the features you’ve wanted for a while.

I am most excited about the revamped earn page! It will allow you to sort earn activities in lots of ways including by point value, how often you can complete an activity, or type (quiz vs. tool, for instance). In addition, you will be able to see the activities that you have already completed and when.

The program will bring you more of what you love – more earning activities overall, other ways than FitBit to track exercise, and the ability to track swimming cycling as well as walking and running! There are more items in the catalog that you can redeem using points only. There will continue to be promo codes and daily ways to win some cool rewards. Instead of being offered at just 3PM, there will be daily deals that you can win throughout the day. Like Rewards for Good, AARP Rewards will be open to everyone, but AARP members will get 50% more points and access to a new selection of member-only catalog items.

Here is more of what to expect:

• Nothing is changing today and you can continue earning as usual for now. The last day to earn Reward for Good points on tools, calculators, and quizzes is July 25 at 11:59 ET.
  • You can redeem your points all summer. The catalog has been stocked in anticipation of the announcement and there will be plenty of options for you to choose from before Rewards for Good ends and AARP Rewards begins. But take note (!), Rewards for Good points do not carry over into the new program and any unused Rewards for Good points will be lost.
  • Legacy Rewards for Good users will get a welcome bonus when AARP Rewards launches. Your participation, feedback, and support of R4G has been amazing. It is AARP’s way of saying thank you. Details on how you claim the Welcome Bonus is coming soon.

Just in case you don’t receive the Rewards for Good emails, here is a link to the Rewards for Good page which inlcudes some frequently asked questions that you may have: https://campaigns.aarp.org/RewardsforGood

Today’s email is the first introduction into AARP Rewards and what’s changing with Rewards for Good, but it won’t be the last. We want to make sure you have all the information you need as we say goodbye to Rewards for Good and hello to AARP Rewards. I will be posting regularly as we get closer to big dates, and you know you can always reach out to me here or via private message with questions or concerns.  

Thank you for being a loyal Rewards for Good participant. We are so excited about what’s to come and hope you are too!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 86

The daily deals with points only has already started,  all daily deal gift cards will be points only. 

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 86

@sandy @AARPTeri @JoyceK12 @AARPCaroline 

Hello Valued Managers,

I would like to know when the Points Only deals for everything will start?

Also, how much in advance notification will we get on last day to use or lose points?

Can we get some help and answers?  Thank you all for being so helpful.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 86

Exactly! We already joined AMAC to check it out. When AARP expires, we probably wont renew it. Too much fuss over these rewards points. Its not the first fiasco with it...

Kudos
Views