Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 1 of 86

@gm5271 I couldn't have said it any better and appreciate you bringing additional clarity to the words being used.

Yes, what you've shared in your post is correct.

Thank you.

Sandy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 86

@sandy 

Sandy Thanks a bunch 

Appreciate your reply & help with @mi4090 & @andrewtoo questions

I feel I may understand what you've said fairly well correct me if wrong thanks

*Everyone who is a member of R4G (not AARP because R4G program ending not AARP) Member: means has a sign in and joined R4G at some point in the program Are called Legacy member because they joined Correct? 

*All R4G Members(see above) who have been active: meaning they've done quizzes earned & used points had interaction with site through Auctions Sweeps Daily Deal & all things available on site - The more active/engagement you have been- signing in everyday & being active earns you more status VS someone who joined R4G but never did anything or did very little - This Activity amount is our Engagement Correct? 

* Our Tenure is How long we've been a member(time we joined R4G) Say someone joined 2014 & another joined 2018 Person joined 2014 has more tenure than one in 2018 - Length of membership with R4G is our Tenure Correct? 

So therefore each person will be rewarded with a package based on these 3 things. .... Say for instance your going to apply Status : person with most of these 3 would be Queen vs person with little would be a Pawn sorta like how AARP gives us distinction of Super Social Butterfly or Newbie based on our activity in the Community  Correct? 

If for instance your giving points:  Person with most of these 3 would say may start with 5000 points vs newer member less time here may start with 1000 points? Correct? 

Sandy Does this kinda sound like the plan based on what info you've been given so far cause its understandable that you all may be in dark about some things or not allowed to share info yet Also with this type of rewarding members I totally get your sending emails Say for instance someone joined years ago never been active Shoot their email may not be valid they'll get email but may never activate it vs Us members who read our emails will do whatever we're required in email to make our New account active and get going 

Thanks for your help 

Look forward to hearing from you & your thoughts if I'm understanding this as well as I can?

Thanks Enjoy your day and thanks for your patience as we all move forward

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 86

@sandy 

Thanks, but you really didn't answer the question, rather than to post "how active" rather than "your engagement."

---

"Question:  "What does "your engagement" mean, please? 

Answer:  Your engagement means how active you are in the AARP Rewards for Good program."

I don't understand that statement.  What activities do you speak of specifically, please?

---

I thought "tenure" was time in R4G, but, less likely, it could have been time as a member of AARP.

Legacy member seemed straight forward, but, thanks for the explanation.

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 86

@sandy 

Hello Sandy,

Thank you posting the answers to questions we all are grateful to know about the upcoming "Welcome Bonus".  

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 86

Hello @mi4090

I’ve answered your questions below:

Question:  "What do you mean by "Legacy member"?"

Answer:  A legacy member is anyone participating/earning points in AARP Rewards for Good program. 

Question:  "What does "your engagement" mean, please? 

Answer:  Your engagement means how active you are in the AARP Rewards for Good program.

Question:  Can you clarify "tenure"? 

Answer:  Tenure is referencing how long you're been part of the Rewards for Good program.

Additional information will be shared as we get closer to the launch of our new AARP Rewards program.

Sandy

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 86

Good Morning @andrewtoo 
Andrew, you are completely correct in stating we have no information about the "Welcome Bonus" after many questions requesting answers concerning this package.  

@sandy  your help would be greatly appreciated in answering these questions.  What do you mean by "Legacy member"?

@andrewtoo  

" What does "your engagement" mean, please?  Can you clarify "tenure"?  Actually, it is suspicious that we are given such scant detail on an important part (the Welcome Bonus) of the transition to AARP Rewards."

I've asked about the Welcome Bonus on numerous post without a reply.  PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 86

I would love to be optimistic, but we lack so much information.  Predominately what I read on the forum boils down to "we don't trust you and we are disgusted with AARP for allowing this transition to proceed as it has."

Will an Admin, any Admin, please explain the Welcome Bonus in some detail?  What does "your engagement" mean, please?  Can you clarify "tenure"?  Actually, it is suspicious that we are given such scant detail on an important part (the Welcome Bonus) of the transition to AARP Rewards.

https://campaigns.aarp.org/RewardsforGood/?intcmp=COMM-OC&_ga=2.54096929.867419890.1563384781-185402...

"I’ve heard there is a Welcome Bonus for the new program. How does it work?

As a token of our gratitude for your participation in Rewards for Good, we are giving you a Welcome bonus when AARP Rewards is unveiled. This special bonus will be based on your engagement and tenure with Rewards for Good.

Don’t worry, we will email you to tell you exactly how to claim this bonus as we get closer to launch."

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 86

@RussellP197074 

Forgot yes I've chatted with a couple of old timers in my few years here Been told used have lots more quizzes and Daily & Weekly ways to earn.... all kinds of things we no longer have.... which is why some folks have millions of points

No way in my 2 years coming site Daily I ever could rack up those amounts.... also I've used points for Sweeps & Daily Deals & have under 200k

So we can hope maybe it'll be easier to earn rewards in new program 

@HokiePoq 

Thanks Hokie for all you say and do 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 86

@RussellP197074 

Hey Russell maybe you'll win that big Sweeps coming up soon offering 2 winners of $5000 Carnival Gift Cards.... that'd certainly be nice for you 

& now you can enter 200 entries a day 

Good Luck

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 86

Well said, Ginger.

Kudos
Views