Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: In September, Rewards for Good is becoming AARP Rewards

Message 71 of 86

@HokiePoq, Thank you so much for sharing and for redeeming points for the things you could manage to get along the way.  What you’re describing about auctions is what we see too and why changes are coming with the new AARP Rewards.  I also assure you that the new program is more than just sweeps. 

I hope this helps alleviate your concerns.

Sandy

AARP Online Community

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 86

@kennethm259253  thanks for all the time you spent gathering points.  Clearly you were gathering them for something, what was it?  What were you hoping for?

Sandy

AARP Online Community Team

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 86
What a joke that is. Collecting points to use during the holidays and bam, they're gonna take it all away. I should invoice AARP for all of the lost time. Will NOT be participating in any further points program since they can (and shown they will) take it away any time they wish.

BAD DECISION AARP. Whomever decided to not carry over the points we EARNED should be fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 86

Hello @ks18192309.  What big prize were you saving up for?  Based on your answer, I'm happy to make some recommendations on ways to spend down your points. 

Remember, you can continue to bid on Auctions until September. 

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 86

And well over a million points for the $1,000 gift cards. That's only just more than 10 times face vallue. What a bargain!
I can't touch it!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 86

Like so many others, I have been accumulating points and spending a few here and there for things I really wanted. That's why I have over 800,000 points to use on auctions that only went higher after the change, as another mentioned. I have also been putting in for the Sweepstakes of interest and have won none for all my hundreds or thousands of points spent on those points raffles.
As with any other change, I look forward to this change to the AARP Rewards system with uncertainty, regardless of the descriptions we are getting about it.
Some parts of the Rewards for Good system have been okay. If I ignore the time I spent accumulating points at my contract rate of $XX per hour, or even at minimum wage, and consider my time to be free, I came out ahead with just the discounts on gift cards and the occasional win on the Daily Deal. The other AARP perks of discounts in restaurants, stores, and travel have added value to that over the years. My membership in AARP has already more than paid for itself over the last 10 years, and I plan to continue for life.
As for my participation in the new AARP Rewards, I'll have to see how that turns out. If I like it, I'll be an active participant. If I don't like it, you might not have to put up with me so much.
I wish you all a healthy and happy time on here and elsewhere. I hope we'll all be able to get some value out of the time we have left on Rewards for Good and that we'll move on without many regrets. May AARP Rewards be that much better for all of us.
Good luck, and I'll see you all on the flip side.
Enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 86

Now over 155,000 points for a $5 Amazon gift card auction.  The panic begins.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 86

I agree. I've been saving up points for a long time.  This just smells like they've cooked up a way to take away everyone's points or get them to spend them quickly on stuff they don't really need.  Almost everything you purchase with points comes with some other cost too so it seems like a way to force people to lose their points or pay a  bunch to use them.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 86

AARP should send us a check for all our accumulated points.  A penny each, maybe?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 86

What a joke.  Just looked at the auctions and a $5 Amazon gift card is at 100,000 points.

Kudos
Views