Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How does raising entry limit for Sweeps help?

Message 1 of 17

@sherilee17 

Thank you for posting.  It seems that the vast majority of Rewards for Good members are as unhappy as you.  Quadrupling the entry limit for sweepstakes seems to be unpopular and has not increased goodwill toward AARP for allowing this to happen.

AndrewToo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

It doesn't. Does not help that AARP's website sucks and the daily searches to earn points rarely work.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

@mi4090 

Thanks Marylin

Appreciate that 

Ginger 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

Hello @gm5271 

Ginger sending prayers for your son and family, God is in charge!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

@andrewtoo 

Indeed Andrew

Glad able to get back and just finishing reading my 400+emails don't won't that many again whew but been rough week here with things going on with my youngest son and family Smiley Sad I'm praying and hoping for best same as with this R4G program I'm powerless over others choices and behaviors but it still sad and hurts

Thanks for all you've done 

We have a wonderful group of members on this community truly a blessing 

I sure hope they'll raise the free Daily Deals to $25 cards but seems their just clearing out leftovers

Maybe we'll get chance & win a popular Gift Card

Walmart Amazon and Target are very good anyone can use.... we can hope 

Enjoy your week 

Thanks

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

Hey Gem,

I like how you think.  Make it 100 winners and Walmart or Amazon (a close second for me, I've got Prime) or even Target (a more distant third place).  We had $25 cards before and it was only 50 tickets a day.

Thanks for posting!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

Indeed All

Only thing happened as you've all stated is use more points to enter Sweeps 

Whether 50 or 200 sadly same odds 

I'd rather my points go down in the drain/graveyard then to enter ones for things can't/ won't use...I learned that long ago when won $15 Macy card have had since January 2019 checked online but too pricey shipping fees & haven't bothered to go to Raleigh store to spend it

Honestly 

@andrewtoo @Brightpool @mi4090 if you can use it send me a private message and I'll be happy to send it to one of you 

But I'm certainly trying for Amazon & Walmart... having 40 winners is nice but be awesome if raise to 100 winners .... maybe they'll surprise us with that anything is possible 

Ginger  :  )

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

@Brightpool @RussellP197074 @mi4090 @terrypearson 

This is a poor way to waste 120,000 point over the next 60 days!  And, to think it could have been a quarter of that?  We may have 60 days left.  But, the number of entries have gone through the roof.  It looks like I may not be able to use my points because of the lack of and low value of points only deals.

I don't care if they are giving us 40 - $25 cards as possible winners.  However, $100 cards and 40 winners would get my attention.  They pick some real stinkers for the cards, in my opinion.  I would have to go to IHOP to use my card that came out today, I'm trying to avoid IHOP!  Did any of the management team at Deluxe Rewards take their own quizzes?  Ultra (some of you ladies may like it) but I'm trying to avoid makeup too. LOL.

@AARPTeri 

Earning our goodwill as Rewards for Good rides off into the sunset (with our points), will cost more that a snowball's chance of winning a $25 gift card at 200 points per day.

@Brightpool  Love the spider swirling down the toilet image...seems appropriate.

Cordially,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

Now we know what it must be like, to some extent, to live in Venezuela, with the inflation.  Not fun for those that were around for a while. 

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

Exactly, Andrew!

If everybody can enter 50 times a day and if the majority do enter 50 times a day, then that becomes 1 entry each. They are all equal in the number of entries and that is the same statistically as 1 entry per person.

Changing the limit to 200 per day only increases the number of points we use, but it still boils down to 200 entries for each person, and with everybody putting in 200 points, it becomes 1 entry per day. It just costs us more points to continue in the game.

Since all of us have points to burn, now, as we approach the day when they will be worthless, I guess it doesn't matter much, so long as everybody knows, either by seeing notices or noticing the points note on the sweepstakes that we have a new, higher number of points to have the same chance of winning a prize.

Enjoy!
If this were a more serious issue, do you think we'd feel like a spider riding a flush down a toilet?

Kudos
Views