Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Fitbit Points not posting to account

Message 1 of 9

I'm not sure there is a fix. I've been in the same boat for months. I got an email 3 weeks ago from someone that was going to try and figure it out but haven't heard from them since. The funny thing is everything else that my Fitbit is linked to works flawlessly every day. So I email every 10 days to get points added which on the bright side they graciously do without any issues. Which model are you using? I assumed my charge 3 being a new model was the problem but after months you'd think they could fix it!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

Does anyone know the fix for this? Just keep calling and asking for points to be added? I've had this problem for months and I shouldn't have to call constantly for this. AARP needs to fix this function.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Thank you @andrewtoo for the reply.

Glad to hear your issue was resolved. I have been bounced between R4G and Member Services for the last month both by Phone and email each determining it was the others issue to resolve but have had nothing but good experiences when asking for my points to be added which they have graciously done each time. 

I know of at least 3 seperate ticket #s that have been submitted and apparently each one was under the impression I couldn't link it even though I specifically told them my Fitbit account shows it linked just not getting the points daily as I should. I have now been in contact with a representative for 3 days by email that understands the issue and is diligently working to find the problem.

You are correct in one of your first statements in that something occured differently and they are aware of many members with issues, mine has just been compounded by having a new account and a new version of the Fitbit apparently (Charge 3 just recently was released). Hopefully we are on the right path now!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

Hello again @FredyF77192 

I'm sorry to hear that you can't get your daily points.  Since we last wrote, I had a few problems and then it finally started to give me the points as expected.

I have had periods, in the past, when the daily Fitbit points have been rewarded to my account properly, then start skipping days, afterward.  So, I was a little reluctant to post that my Fitbit points are being rewarded normally.

Another thing you have to consider, I called customer service consistently for about 5 weeks regarding my account (to get my points rewarded) and they were always nice (as was I).  I really don't know if they made a change to my account alone (because of my constant calling and requesting help) or if it was solved by a system wide cure. Well, the rewards are coming to my account smoothly for now.

Frankly, I would call about receiving the 250 mile goal reward and ask that they enter a ticket about not receiving the daily reward. It now seems less likely that it is a problem with the connection between Fitbit and R4G, but rather a problem with recognizing your data received from Fitbit and rewarding your account for daily rewards.

That is just my thoughts.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

Just curious if your issue has been resolved as my Saga continues, I have only received automatic daily points twice since linking my FITBIT in January. However oddly enough my 50 mile and 250 mile lifetime bonus points showed up automatically but no one can figure out the problem with dailys ??!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Hello @FredyF77192 

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience.  It is strange that the fitbit FAQ gives the regular customer service number for AARP to call and they have to transfer me to R4G customer service (and they gave me the R4G number to call [1-888-842-2891], in case I was disconnected Robot wink).

I'm glad that I got my device connected a few months ago.  Obviously, there has been a change in the way that, 1.) our fitbit data is sent or received between fitbit and R4G, or 2.) the data has been properly received by the R4G system but it no longer recognizes the data and rewards our points.

These devices are expensive and I wonder what percentage of R4G users have a fitbit?  Maybe, there are, comparatively, so few of us that they can afford to continue to allow the system to give inconsistent, frustrating service to fitbit users.

Strangely, I have received rewards for the past two days.  I'm still short a day for the week, so far, and won't call until I am cheated out of another day of points.

Thanks again for posting!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

I got my FITBIT on 27 January, when I attempted to link it I got the message below so I called the number listed. That's member services who directed me to call Rewards for Good as this isn't an issue for Member Services ... ( Issue 1.  why then does their # come up to call??) So I sent R4G an email they apologized and credited me with some points....long story short I have sent 2 emails to Member Services and 5 to R4G... last week I spent over an hour on the phone getting bounced around between R4G and Member Services Operators each claiming it wasn't an issue they could fix.

I have attempted to link my FITBIT every day since and continue to get the same message as shown below. When I look at my FITBIT account it shows AARP as an authorized 3rd party to get the info (as are the other 3 I have authorized which I don't have a problem with). Since 27 Jan I have only seen my daily points automatically applied once to my surprise. I waited 10 days between emails and then just politely asked that they add 1500 points to my account which they did but requested I call AGAIN to help me troubleshoot the issue which I will today even though the other 3 times I've called I get the same result as when I try and link it without being on the phone with them,  I also can't imagine someone not being able to figure out the issue and fix it .... in the meantime I guess I'll just be sending an email evey 10 days begging for my points!!

Fitbit.PNG

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@andrewtoo  Andrew, you rock. Thanks for posting this. May it help others. And hey, good, good job on your exercise program! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Fitbit Points not posting to account

Message 9 of 9

I was given a fitbit and installed it about 3 months ago.  For the first 2 months or so, I was rewarded points for achieving 10,000 steps per day, every day (150 Rewards for Good points per day.)

I think it started about a month ago where Rewards for Good would skip giving me the rewards for a day.  I would call Rewards for Good customer service at 1-888-842-2891 after a couple of days, when this happened and was given my points and was told that they are working on the problem.

The problem has just gotten worse over time.  I am having to call customer service every couple of days now.  A couple of weeks ago, I asked that they send a ticket or something to the people working on the problem and they did, nicely.  I haven't heard anything from that.

Yes, they will post fitbit rewards properly here and there, but it is really messed up for me.  And over time this amounts to a lot of Rewards for Good points at 150 per day, so I can't just let it go.  I called yesterday about not getting credit on Saturday and Sunday and was given the points.  Today I look up my rewards and I was not given my points for yesterday, whew!

Well, I wrote a lot and have provided little help, except where to get your lost fitbit points.  I was wondering if there are others having a problem with getting credit for their fitbit points constantly?  If you are, please call customer service (1-888-842-2891) and ask that they credit your account.  They need to get this fixed, customer service time must be more costly than the proper electronic posting of fitbit points.

Thanks so much!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Replies