The AARP Fraud Resource Center can help you spot and avoid common scams. Visit today!

Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Entertainment Quizzes???

Message 1 of 4

@AARPTeri 

Thanks Teri for your reply and information 

I do say sadly boohoo Woman Frustrated Woman Sad

I understand the criteria you explained reckon I felt like alot of the Entertainment quizzes would boost our brain power and allow us moments of recall and visiting memory lane of our past joys and youth. 

I've also experienced some real joy this week when found threads in "Good Things" posts sharing and recalling old TV programs and Elvis & ect really have enjoyed reliving some experiences & memories 

Maybe the powers to be could throw a few of those Entertainment quizzes with a temporary earning badge when its times of Awards or Major Sporting events Also when AARP is doing its Grownup Awards have quizzes about winners and such.... Anyway its an idea.... can hope bring interest to the topic and that will encourage change since anything is possible

Thanks again Thanks for time, 

Ginger  ; ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@AARPTeri  I think there is a new quiz that was put up on March 13th that fits the criteria you stated.  It would be great to have some points added to it.  I found that some rules have been updated.  (ie:  hands at nine and three instead of ten and two)

Quiz:  Do You Know the Rules of the Road?

https://www.aarp.org/auto/driver-safety/info-2019/rules-of-road-quiz.html#quest1

Thanks

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

@gm5271   

Thanks for your researching the many articles on AARP.org and their connections to Rewards for Good.  Activities that are included in the program are chosen based on how they boost your mind, body and support social areas like Retirement, Work, Health etc. Currently most Entertainment quizzes do not meet that criteria. We are always evaluating new activities to include in the program to boost your knowledge around these areas. We really do appreciate your feedback and use it to continually update the program.

The current listing of Rewards for Good quizzes are listed on the Earn Page and have the gold badge next them to note eligibility.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Entertainment Quizzes???

Message 4 of 4

@AARPTeri  

@VoyagerVicki 

Happy Friday Teri and Vicki 

Have something I am curiously wondering about hoping you can shed some light on Why? If possible to change? What needs to be done or how to handle. THANKS 

Over the course of last 3 days I've been working through a list of pages of quizzes [464+]  that another poster @JaneL69  posted about in thread "Tons of Points" which she had link for search "entretenmiento trivias"

Through my process of checking quizzes out see if can earn points if not already done & such I came across many "Entertainment" quizzes which were very interesting & enjoyable. BUT Smiley Sad reward no points?? 

Examples : About Stars (Betty White, Tina Fey & more) About Bands(Beatles, Bob Dylan & etc.)  Along with ones about Movies(Starwars, Jurassic Park) and Events & History (Woodstock) & list goes on. 

So my question is why is there no Entertainment Heading in R4G Topics for Quizzes? Which we could earn points??

Seems such a waste along with all the enjoyment members could have doing these quizzes. 

I had awareness of few from newsletters but alot more available but I found no simple way to access these quizzes if wanted do for fun. I believe the powers to be should consider adding this heading to Earn Page. Yes indeed the available quizzes give us seniors important information 

Present Headings:

Work & Retirement 

Health

Money

Be in Know 

Spanish 

I think adding Entertainment Heading between Money & Be in Know would be a great addition & provide us knowledge and laughs and more ways to earn points 

So whatcha think? Is it possible? Are you aware why they earn no points? Thanks for your time & help

Have a beautiful weekend!

Ginger : ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Replies