Confused about which vaccines you need? Check out this list of every shot you should get after 50.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Earning Rewards for Good Points for Activities

Message 1 of 4

Hi Jr,

If you have over 170k in points you probably understand about the ribbon etc.

When your points show zero, the system is probably going through some kind of upgrade.  This seems to happen mostly during the weekday work hours.

Your points should reappear in a few hours.  Any points that you may have earned during the upgrade should be captured, but since I am a skeptic, I avoid answering the quizzes when the 0 points are appearing.  I will add this to my list of things to test, lol.

Lastly, I am so totally with you on that canned response email.  Rather insulting after you spend the time to detail out an email to them.  Shameful.  

Karen

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Hey @jr16374389, your images didn't post, so I don't know if you already know what I'm about to share. Sorry. Also, disclaimer: I am not with AARP and thus cannot answer the portion of your query about their less-than-awesome response to your email. I think, maybe, though, I can shed some light on the points badge.

If the points badge looks like this (has a number in the center) then those points are yours to claim. Should you take a quiz with points showing in the points badge, but it refuses to award them (which they say can take up to 24 hours) then by all means, call the Rewards for Good customer service line 1 888 842 2891. (Don't call AARP about Rewards for Good. They don't operate the rewards program, so basically all they can do is give you the run around. Go directly to the Rewards people.

Tax Aide Site Locator Points Badge.png

By the way, that's an old image. The Tax-Aide Site Locator is disabled this time of year.

OK. If the points badge looks like this ('???' or 'what's this' in the middle) then that activity is not going to award you points no matter how many times you bang your head against the wall and whisper foreign sounding words ... uh, sorry, that's me ... no matter how many times you complete the activity.

r4g points badge.png

That being said, you should get a pop-up like this whenever you open a Rewards activity that's not eligible for earning.

Mortgage payoff calculator .png

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Sent 6/11:  

Message body
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Earning Rewards for Good Points for Activities

Message 4 of 4

All eligible activities are kept up to date on the Earn Points page. Remember, you must be logged into AARP.org first in order to earn points from completing these activities. We're passionate about improving your overall Rewards for Good experience. Point-earning activities may change at any time, so check the Earn Points page for the most current information.

Kudos
Views
Replies