Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donate Points to Foundation - Please Increase Limit

Message 71 of 100

@JoyceK12 @sandy @AARPTeri 

I'm experiencing the same problem as @andrewtoo Smiley Sad  I found the direct link on Sunday @andrewtoo  in hopes that I'd able to donate immediately on 7/1 before limit was reached.  No badge, as @gm5271 stated had appeared at 12a CST 7/1/19 or link to donate to Foundation.

I tried Andrew's  direct link: https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarpPFCJuly18

and I tried https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarpPFCJul18 to no

avail. 

Neither one of the direct links will allow me to even enter an amount over 999 and the Shopping Cart remains empty.  HELP!! HELP!!  My link is BROKEN!!!

I truly want to donate my 2,000 pts. to the Foundation.  Please take the 2,000 points from my account and send me the receipt that @gm5271 mentioned we get after making donation. 

@JoyceK12 @sandy 

This is our last opportunity to help struggling seniors before points are gone and I want to do my part!  Unsure how points will accrue with the AARP Rewards program, it may take a long time to build up enough points to donate to Foundation again.   Thank you valued Community Managers for your always needed assistance.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 100

@JoyceK12 

Hello Joyce,

I cannot find a banner or link to a Donation page allowing a 2,000 point donation, yet.  I was thinking that it would appear after the beginning of the day.

I'm getting close to my point earning limit per day already and still no banner.

I tried the link: https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarppfcJuly19

It seemed like a logical option, but it would only allow a single 1,000 point donation.  I would have tried to complete the donation twice, but, it did not allow me to add two 1,000 point gifts to my shopping cart.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 100

Ginger,

Thank you again for the information about an overall limit R4G gives the Foundation each month.  Also, the disappearing banner when that limit has been reached.

That information was very helpful.

I must have misunderstood something in my research.

Thanks for the informative post!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 100

😰😱 I'm so sorry 

@andrewtoo Andrew forgive me was not meant in harm

You in no way fall short.... Dude you rock 🤩😇 you got the ball rolling and made this possible Thank you for that and all you do

I had just learned that AARP has set amount limit they'll donate once they reach that $$amount the banner disappears 

Again didn't mean to offend or upset you was just sharing awareness to new person if she got there wouldn't work since June amounts had been met in hopes of avoiding them frustration....I should've waited to see if posted not working Smiley Sad 

Again I apologize & I'm so grateful for you and all you do for our community 

Gratefully 

Ginger  : l 

@andrewtoo wrote:

Hello @gm5271 Ginger,

Thank you for letting me know that there was goal/limit set for the Rewards for Good total donation to the AARP Foundation for the month.  So, I suppose the Donations can still become "Sold Out" in July and going forward? @JoyceK12

I apologize for my ignorance to anyone that I misled regarding donations being an option for June. I thought that I had searched the AARP site thoroughly about donating points to the Foundation.  I shared information as I understood it, but, have obviously fallen short.

Sincerely,

Andrew

@gm5271 wrote:

@andrewtoo 

Thanks Andrew for helping make this happen I too wish be more but double is better than nothing & grateful learn program will continue into new Rewards

@d526139s 

Hey D5 Welcome to our community great to have you here.... we are in this all together and help each other best we can 

Don't believe Andrew is aware cause not long ago I learned this information myself but AARP has a set goal for donations each month which that goal has been reached for June so if you try to donate & it doesn't work that's the reason BUT come Monday July 1st we can all donate 1000-2000 points which as Andrew stated will give AARP Foundation $10 or $20 although its not all your points every dollar helps and makes a difference Thanks for your kindness

There are topics/ threads here in community you can read lots of info about Foundation if you like to learn more

Again Thanks

Look forward to seeing more of you on our community 

Enjoy your weekend 

Ginger  :  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donate Double Points in July

Message 75 of 100

Heart Everyone Heart

I forgot to mention that the Community Helpers also stated that Donations with Points will continue into the new AARP Rewards program which is awesome news

Also I'm hoping we will be able to donate again in month of August before R4G Rewards ends

Thanks to all for support to Seniors 

Truly makes it "Rewards for Good"  wonderful way to give back & hopefully ease the loss of any points

Have a awesome week & 4th of July Holiday 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Donate Double Points in July

Message 76 of 100

Hello Everyone

Thanks to @andrewtoo Andrew & his topic "Donate Please Increase Limit" and all those who shared there Thanks

The Community Helpers got it setup so that we all can donate Double Points in July to AARP Foundation to help Seniors  Yippee Thanks to all who helped make this opportunity possible 

So starting Monday July 1st you can Donate 1000 points = $10 or 2000 points = $20 Donations to AARP Foundation A awesome way & opportunity to do good with our R4G points before they are gone 

Helpers stated there will once again be a banner to click to donate Look for that at top of R4G page 

*PAST LINK I POSTED NO GOOD REMOVED CHECK OTHER POSTS*THANKS! 

Thanks to everyone for your generosity and support for Seniors 

Have a beautiful day! 

foundation.jpgDonate to help Seniors                     You can find information about the Foundation on AARP Site & on other Topics in our community 

Screenshot_20190626-162200_Samsung Internet.jpgDonation Page

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 100

@JoyceK12 @andrewtoo 

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for posting and getting the limit increasedSmiley Very Happy

Still a lot of points down the drain, why not give them all to the foundation?

Thanks JoyceK12 for letting us know!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 100

Hello @gm5271 Ginger,

Thank you for letting me know that there was goal/limit set for the Rewards for Good total donation to the AARP Foundation for the month.  So, I suppose the Donations can still become "Sold Out" in July and going forward? @JoyceK12

I apologize for my ignorance to anyone that I misled regarding donations being an option for June. I thought that I had searched the AARP site thoroughly about donating points to the Foundation.  I shared information as I understood it, but, have obviously fallen short.

Sincerely,

Andrew

@gm5271 wrote:

@andrewtoo 

Thanks Andrew for helping make this happen I too wish be more but double is better than nothing & grateful learn program will continue into new Rewards

@d526139s 

Hey D5 Welcome to our community great to have you here.... we are in this all together and help each other best we can 

Don't believe Andrew is aware cause not long ago I learned this information myself but AARP has a set goal for donations each month which that goal has been reached for June so if you try to donate & it doesn't work that's the reason BUT come Monday July 1st we can all donate 1000-2000 points which as Andrew stated will give AARP Foundation $10 or $20 although its not all your points every dollar helps and makes a difference Thanks for your kindness

There are topics/ threads here in community you can read lots of info about Foundation if you like to learn more

Again Thanks

Enjoy your weekend 

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 100

Thanks for the kind words. It's greatly appreciated. It seemed like a good idea maybe to help others or towards a good cause if possible. Be a shame if not. I'm sorry I didn't think of it sooner. Regards 🙂

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 100

@andrewtoo 

@d526139s 

Again Thanks

Enjoy your weekend 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views