AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donate Double Points in July

Message 41 of 102

DAILY DEALS 

@d526139s 

Hi Donna 

I suggest you check out the Daily Deals at 3PM EST b4 they end with new program 

I've watched and gotten many deals in past and lately I've noticed that the Products/Items are hanging around alot longer than in past[Think they are cleaning house of all things] & this makes it easier to get some nice deals. I've gotten a pair of Earrings then a Necklace in 2 of the deals offered in last 10 days & plan try for jewlery set tomorrow 

The "Free with points" Gift card Deals are still tough but I've seen them available later than usual I don't bother with E Gift cards but you might like to try 

There are many posts/ topics about Daily Deal you can read to get more good info about how Daily Deal works. 

Good luck hope you get you a couple nice things before R4G ends 

Have fun

Ginger  ;  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 102

@d526139s 

Hello Donna,

While searching online for July link to donate points, I found the August linkSmiley HappyI

Only change in website address is instead of July it's Aug.  

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 102

Thanks Andrew

I'm hearing about the daily deals.

I'm not familiar with it but, the news seems discouraging and everyone is up at arm's about it. I hope that things get sorted out and maybe go back to normal asap. Wishing you all the best. It's nice to be a part of the group. Enjoy your weekend. Regards, Donna

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 102

Hello everyone and Happy 4th of July

Thanks for the update info about cash donations. I'm going to try to donate my points as much as possible. I'm glad that this will be continued on the new R4G in September (points).

and thanks for the link. P S yeah the website is wonky which makes me go coocoo! Don't have a PC my old tablet is shot. Hope you enjoyed the 4th.

Regards

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 102

@d526139s 

Donna I forgot about your prior post 

Likely you know answer by now but in case don't

Yes we will lose ALL points not used - can't carry over-when new program starts Septemberish So yes we'll be starting over from scratch 

Been told we'll be Earning points of some type doing who knows what activities 

Last date to earn R4G points is July 25th 

More details coming they say 

Happy 4th of July 

Have a beautiful day 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 102

@d526139s 

Donna

Below is screenshot of Cash Donate button on R4G site if I turn phone sideways or on my tablet 

Enjoy your day 

Ginger :  ) 

Screenshot_20190704-100533_Samsung Internet.jpgDonate Cash button on R4G site

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 102

@mi4090 

Marylin Thanks

@d526139s 

Morning Donna 

Sorry for my delay

At times my phone ( my preferred choice) will act up on site if so I do a reset also it can be R4G site its pure nutty at times yesterday prime example community & pages were whacky Thank goodness reset helped & it didn't last long

Yes as Marylin stated Donate Link to donate Cash is about anywhere you look 

On PC has links on top for my phone can access from AARP site links (screenshots below)

[2nd post pic with donate if turn phone sideways or on my tablet- see next post ]

Personally I do mine through snail mail because as a supporter of AARP Foundation they send me newsletters with all kinds info about what Foundation is doing and how helping seniors So if you desire donate cash you may also like recieving this info although feel sure you can read it all on AARP Foundation Site (screenshot below) Also you can choose to setup an automatic draft donation 

Donation with points only can only be done on R4G site(I've never seen on regular AARP site) from the monthly link which is why we had wait for them to create one & its always been a limit of 1000 points($10) 1 time a month.... hopefully we can all convince them to allow another donation of double or more points in August I know we most likely will drive em buggy till they do... ha ha when happens it'll be posted here

Glad your here on community 

Hope this helps 

Happy safe 4th of July 

Ginger : ) 

Screenshot_20190704-091754_Samsung Internet.jpgAt bottom AARP site in goldScreenshot_20190704-091814_Samsung Internet.jpgWhere takes you Foundation siteScreenshot_20190704-095451_Samsung Internet.jpgLeft side Menu page from most any page

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donate Points to Foundation - Please Increase Limit

Message 48 of 102

@mi4090 @lh1864 

@Laurie42010 

Hey Marylin Linda Laurie 

Thanks Marylin for all your help and guidance for others

Thanks Linda & Laurie for your generosity in donating 

It is my hope and with us all posting requests that we can again donate in August b4 losing all points.... maybe we'll be fortunate enough to be able make larger donation but I'll be grateful to make any again

Our earning ends July 25th but still have till Septemberish to use points so end of July we'll again start our request to donate our points 

Again thanks for your support of Seniors

Also we've been told this donation program will continue into new Rewards program but as Marylin has stated we don't know how or time will take to earn points nor how they'll handle it then

We can hope for good things

Have a safe & happy 4th of July 

Ginger  :  ) 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 102

@lh1864 

Hello Linda,

Go to this link: https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarppfcjuly19?_k=pt5lwj

1) Leave (1) for Quantity

2) Click yellow Add to Shopping Cart button - $20.00 donation once a month., 2000 pts. will be removed from your account

3) Submit (I think) or follow instructions from there

4) Print receipt - tax deductible

5) Donation to Foundation Complete!

@andrewtoo has a screenshot in this post of how it looks.  Members have been asking for a larger donation increase before points are gone, but at least you can give the $20.00.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 102

Hi Laurie, Marilyn and all:  I talked to an AARP rep about 2 weeks ago and she could no longer find the screens for donating points-I couldn't either, that is why I called. At that time I did not know about the switch to the new AARP rewards system.  I guess my 30,000 points will go the way of the dodo but I would prefer to donate them.  I do not buy things on line preferring to shop locally from people I know in the community.  Over the years I have only used the points to enter travel contests. Just looked at the points only screen and it is mostly magazine subscriptions.--Not interested.  If there is a hidden link somewhere that I am not seeing, please let me know.  I am not the most tech savvy person when it come to navigating a web site.  I would love to donate all my points to the Foundation or to any organization that can use them before they expire.  Thanks. Linda 

Kudos
Views