Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donations increased!

Message 31 of 102

@AARPTeri 

Thanks for letting us know it didn't revert back to 1,000; but if it isn't increased beyond the 2,000 points for donation to foundation in August and September then what's the point. 

In October will anyone be able to donate to the foundation with AARP Rewards being less than a month old and everyone starting for scratch?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 102

@mi4090 and @gm5271 

The donations will remain at 2000 maximum for the time being.  We know you are asking for an increase but to answer your question - we will still offer 2000 for August and September

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 102

@gm5271 

Good Morning Ginger,

You replied to the post "WOW! You guys are amazing" that the Foundation donation for August & September is going back to 1,000 points.  Is this correct?  How do you know that?  

@AARPTeri @gm5271 That would be horrible if the increase is taken away after only (1) month.  I know that there is a limit on the amount that a 501(c)3 can receive in donations based on AGI.  

Is the donation being lowered Teri and Ginger?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donate Points to Foundation - Please Increase Limit

Message 34 of 102

Good Morning R4G Warriors,

I agree with @andrewtoo about donating the maximum points of 2,000 = $20.00 to AARP Foundation on August 1, 2019.  

@AARPTeri posted the banner for July donations had been removed and the limit for month was met.  Hooray!!!

Let's come back to this post on 8/1/19 for screenshots and instructions on how to make the donation.  Please let's HELP struggling and hungry seniors with meals to eatSmiley Happy

Everyone should post constantly asking for donation increase of 10,000 points before our points are just gone, we can help others' with these points!!!

Have a Blessed Day, 

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 102

Unfortunately, the maximum allowable donation from the Rewards for Good program to the AARP Foundation has been reached for July so we cannot donate any more points this month.  But, don't give up, @AARPTeri stated in another Topic the answer to my question below, when she wrote "...you will be able to donate in August and September."

I'm happy we will get two more opportunities to donate to the Foundation and I hope they raise the limit.  If you missed a monthly donation of points to the Foundation.  Don't give up.  You will have two more opportunities.

@andrewtoo wrote:

@JoyceK12

I support a higher limit on the monthly donation limit to the Foundation as Marylin @mi4090 does.

But, I do have a question.  Will we be able to use our Rewards for Good points to donate August 1st and September 1st?

Thanks!

Andrew

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 102

@andrewtoo 

Hello Andrew,

While I was searching for the July link online I came across the August link:

https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarppfcAug19

Hopefully we can donate 10,000 pts in August and September, preferably before points gone @AARPTeri .

Thanks for making it possible to help struggling seniors.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 102

@mi4090 , @andrewtoo , @gm5271 Thank you all for your suggestions to increase the points.  We have passed that information along internally but no promises that it can be done.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Donate Double Points in July

Message 38 of 102

Thanks Ginger

I will do just that and maybe get an item or two. Also, I'll look at the articles about this subject. Again, many thanks for your help. Have a great day. 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 102

@JoyceK12

I support a higher limit on the monthly donation limit to the Foundation as Marylin @mi4090 does.

But, I do have a question.  Will we be able to use our Rewards for Good points to donate August 1st and September 1st?

Thanks!

Andrew

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 102

@AARPCaroline @JoyceK12 @AARPLynne @sandy @AARPTeri ,

Good Morning Values Managers,

Please increase limit for August Charity donations to 10,000 points, this will be last opportunity before points gone to help struggling seniors with real donation to the Foundation.

Points that have taken years to earn are being used in huge numbers to win minor gift cards or points plus cash dealsSmiley Indifferent Which most members aren't able to get deals.

Let us do some good with these points, before years of time, problems with Deluxe and struggling to earn points are lost/gone.

Thank you Ladies in advance, know you can make it happen.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views