Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donating Points

Message 21 of 100

Hello Marylin,

I have seen the financials for both the Foundation and AARP the association.  The size of these two organizations are huge.  Given that they are so large, the Rewards for Good donation to the Foundation would likely be too small to report separately.  So, that is why I asked the total for the donation for this month, considering it is already maxed out and they would know the amount.  However, I looked through the published financial reports for both entities and did not see a mention of the Rewards for Good donation, before asking.

AndrewToo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 100

Hello @gm5271 

Ginger, glad you're backSmiley Happy  A Community Manager posted that we can donate 2,000 in August & September.  

@andrewtoo  asked Administrative about where to find the financial reports for the Foundation and have much was given in July.  I may have missed the answer from Community Managers, I haven't seen it yet.

There is a limit that a 501(c)3 can get in donations based on their AGI, but where are the financials for the Foundation.  I agree that giving these points to help seniors with food drives is the best way to use them, before losing them.

Oh, @AARPTeri I believe stated that she's combining the threads on Daily Deals.

Increase the Limit!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 100

Hello @andrewtoo ,

Andrew, I can truly believe it.  I will continue to post about increasing the limit. 

We never got an answer to your question about how much was donated in July or where to found the financial reports for AARP Foundation from Administration.

Community Managers please combine the threads for Donate, thanks so much!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 100

Kinda wild huh Andrew think see what you mean - they combined our donations posts correct? Looks that way : ( 

@andrewtoo @mi4090 

Sorry been away

Loads of emails to work thorough but I will state I'm grateful we can still donate 2000 points next 2 months

BUT I still believe the amount limit AARP would match wasn't increased Correct @AARPTeri ???

therefore yes we gave extra but now more than half of month no one can donate - I've not checked for any reply on my other earlier posts about this from Teri verifying this but from my experience I feel this is what happened which bothers me cause thought we were honestly being able to help more 

So will say even if they raise our limit to 5000 vs 2000 or 1000 we'll just reach AARP limit 5 times faster unless they honestly get the main limit raised 

Hope this makes sense to you all & maybe it shouldn't be bothering me so much Please feel free to tell me so if you feel I'm overreacting or such 

Thanks to all for keeping the thread alive and helping others learn about this great opportunity for Seniors and ourselves 

Have a beautiful weekend 

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 100

Holy Cow!  A few of us asked about combining the Daily Deal threads and you guys created a 74 post manifesto on Donating Points to forage through?

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: Donate Points to Foundation - Please Increase Limit

Message 26 of 100

@AARPTeri 

Thank you for letting us know that you have passed on our request for a higher individual and overall donation limit to the appropriate parties at AARP.  Please let us know when there is a decision made on our request.  The opinion in numerous threads is that the limit should be raised above 2,000.  A 5,000 or 10,000 individual limit would be great, but, many would give every point they have, if given the chance.

I have asked this question before.  I believe it would create more goodwill to make point donors aware of the impact our donations and increased donations in total dollar terms to the AARP Foundation:  How much was the donation total to the Foundation from our points donation in July?  Is this a closely guarded secret?Smiley Indifferent

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donate Points to Foundation - Please Increase Limit

Message 27 of 100

Good Morning R4G Warriors,

I wanted to bring this back to the top!! Managers/Administration don't forget about increasing the donation limit before our points are gone!

@AARPTeri @sandy @JoyceK12 @AARPLynne @AARPBriana @AARPCarlaS 

Please increase the donation limit beyond 2,000 points.  Thank you for helping us to help struggling seniors!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: Donations increased!

Message 28 of 100

@mi4090 @AARPTeri 

Marylin makes a good point.  Donations will decline during the first months after the new AARP Rewards program is implemented.  So, AARP should have some room to allow a higher contribution for the next couple of months.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 100

@AARPTeri 

Thanks for letting us know it didn't revert back to 1,000; but if it isn't increased beyond the 2,000 points for donation to foundation in August and September then what's the point. 

In October will anyone be able to donate to the foundation with AARP Rewards being less than a month old and everyone starting for scratch?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 100

@mi4090 and @gm5271 

The donations will remain at 2000 maximum for the time being.  We know you are asking for an increase but to answer your question - we will still offer 2000 for August and September

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views