Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donating Points

Message 11 of 100

Hello @w187318s 

Great!!!

You only have (1) opportunity to donate points to the Foundation a month.  You should start looking on the 1st of the month on the Rewards page.  Your ability to do this doesn't last long, it was over in about two weeks last month.

Look at all the screenshots in this thread which will help you on August the 1st, and the direct link for August is https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarpPFCAugust18

Best way to get rid of points by helping struggling seniors!!

Have a Blessed Day,
Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 100

Hi, I am eager to donate the new max points but I no longer see the donate on the rewards website? Where do I go now?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 100

Well, even with widespread support for an increase in the maximum donation amount per person from 2,000 points upward, Rewards for Good dissapoints.  It seemed that the announcement might be seen by more members if posted here.  I'm not satisfied, and it seems to be getting worse.

001 Failed Effort Get Increase.JPG

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 100

@andrewtoo 

Thanks Andrew for posting these links so much. 

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 100

@mi4090 This was what I looked at and could not find a referrence to Rewards for Good and specifically the donation of memeber points to the Foundation.  Other than the absence of Rewards for Good in the Annual Reports and financials, I really don't have any other insight to share on the structure of AARP or the Foundation.  So, I can't really explain the details in any of the documents.  However, the Foundation's Annual Report is helpful to explain the good that they do.

The AARP Foundation's financial and annual reports and IRS 990's: https://www.aarp.org/aarp-foundation/about-us/governance/

AARP (and some repeated Foundation) Financial Links: https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/company/annual-reports/

@mi4090 wrote:

Great Andrew,

Could you post the link for Foundation financials? I'm sure it would be helpful to members.  

Thanks @andrewtoo for your help

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 100

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Dear AARP monitors,

Thank you for increasing the Aug. and Sept. 2019 amounts to donate to the much needed feeding the seniors in this country.

Certainly from being such a voice in helping in the fight against the corporate profits being the driving force that many have to pay for their prescriptions you know how important an issue this it. Many seniors take from their grocery funds to pay for their life needed medications. Let us aid them in this dire situation by increasing the amounts we can donate to the foundations feeding seniors drive before these funds are eliminated this month.

THANK YOU to all the posters here who are fighting the good fight!

Peace and compassion,

Laurie

My edit.... Please allow us to use these earned points to better the world this month! The maximum of the 2000 points was a nice start!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 100

Hi @mi4090 . Ooops, I was reading a previous post wrong, I guess. I thought they were going to allow us to continue to use the points earned in Aug. and Sept., sorry!

@mi4090 wrote:

@Laurie42010 

Hello Laurie,

Do you mean they increased the donations for August & September above the 2,000 point limit?  What is the point increase for donations now?  Would be wonderful if it was increased to at least 10,000 points, before the points are gone.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Yes, It would be wonderful it they would allow us to use these points NOW. Thank You!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 100

@Laurie42010 

Hello Laurie,

Do you mean they increased the donations for August & September above the 2,000 point limit?  What is the point increase for donations now?  Would be wonderful if it was increased to at least 10,000 points, before the points are gone.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 100

Dear AARP monitors,

Thank you for increasing the Aug. and Sept. 2019 amounts to donate to the much needed feeding the seniors in this country.

Certainly from being such a voice in helping in the fight against the corporate profits being the driving force that many have to pay for their prescriptions you know how important an issue this it. Many seniors take from their grocery funds to pay for their life needed medications. Let us aid them in this dire situation by increasing the amounts we can donate to the foundations feeding seniors drive before these funds are eliminated this month.

THANK YOU to all the posters here who are fighting the good fight!

Peace and compassion,

Laurie

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 100

Great Andrew,

Could you post the link for Foundation financials? I'm sure it would be helpful to members.  

Thanks @andrewtoo for your help

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views