Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Donate Points to Foundation - Please Increase Limit

Message 91 of 102

@andrewtoo wrote:

Hello @VoyagerVicki   Thank you for your reply.  We were kind of blindsided at the end of this month telling us that our points will become worthless.  Also, the Banner to Donate to the Foundation has strangely disappeared.

I'm glad that raising the limit is being considered for next month.  Thanks.  But, how about raising it before the end of the Month, since we have had so little time to react to the announcement and ask for the increase donation limit.  Again, Thanks!

@VoyagerVicki wrote:

@andrewtoo @gm5271 @mi4090 

Yes, the points donation limit for June has already been reached. This will reset on Monday, July 1, so you will be able to donate points again then. 

We're checking on the possibility of raising the points donation limit for next month.

Excellent news that this may be an option. Thanks to @andrewtoo , @gm5271 and @mi4090 !

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 102

Hello @VoyagerVicki   Thank you for your reply.  We were kind of blindsided at the end of this month telling us that our points will become worthless.  Also, the Banner to Donate to the Foundation has strangely disappeared.

I'm glad that raising the limit is being considered for next month.  Thanks.  But, how about raising it before the end of the Month, since we have had so little time to react to the announcement and ask for the increase donation limit.  Again, Thanks!

@VoyagerVicki wrote:

Yes, the points donation limit for June has already been reached. This will reset on Monday, July 1, so you will be able to donate points again then. 

We're checking on the possibility of raising the points donation limit for next month.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 102

@VoyagerVicki 

Vicki

Thanks for your reply to our posts

Sounds good..... really hoping they'll allow a raise in the limit so we can do some good with our points b4 we lose them

Will there be any donation in the new AARP Rewards? 

I posted on another thread asking just what kinda points will we be earning since we lose ones now have only leaves thoughts to won't be accumulating points as we've been Will it be a daily thing? Earn & Use while on site have nothing when away from site? Alot like how Coca-cola Rewards changed no longer matters save codes or enter them can only do things while on site? Really saddens me to think of losing all we've had truly a sad time 

Thanks again for help appreciate any info you will provide 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 102

@VoyagerVicki 

Thanks for the reply.  Can we get an unlimited points donation to AARP Foundation after 7/1 reset?

I would appreciate an answer concerning this.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 102

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 102

@andrewtoo 

Reply to your posts questions 

I believe links are missing for us all no longer exist

I searched for them in search got zip 

Was working when did screenshots cause I tried to donate $100 /10 qty but couldn't & told me I'd done June already 

Sad day 

Ginger : )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 102

@andrewtoo 

Afternoon Andrew 

Sorry took me few days get grasp on things and not come here like a fiery dragon

It will always amaze me & I'll remember way our minds work.... when got the intial email about changes plus phone call got last Friday my mind was thinking ok that's what I want to do donate my points.... we needed limit raised or removed. 

I did screenshots will put here that day those pages no longer exist now Smiley Sad 

Doesn't look like we'll even be able to donate our usual 1000 in July

My heart is so sad and broken over all this....I wanna believe it'll be better but hard to feel that way when they'll take all our hard earned time devoted to earning those points... really stinks

Anyway thanks for starting this topic and I may get fearless about it 

Cause they say have things offer us use points on I spent hours other day going through merchandise lists saw nothing "free" or few $$ same ole stuff been there that costs more than most folks can afford or stuff don't need leave behind kids clear out.

So I don't see a reason to further earn points BUT we should be allowed to donate our points not just lose them like they are worthless 

So Community Helpers we need your help to make this a reality & allow us to share our generosity with fellow Seniors & help us feel we have accomplished something in our time spent here with R4G 

RAISE THE LIMITS OR HAVE NO LIMITS ON OUR DONATIONS TO AARP FOUNDATION 

So how about it

@sandy  @AARPTeri 

@VoyagerVicki 

@AARPLynne 

Make this happen for our community & R4G members 

Honestly its just allots money from AARP to be designated for AARP Foundation since AARP owns R4G site 

Appreciate your help and thanks for being here for us all during this BIG Change and Transition 

Gratefully 

Ginger 

Screenshots of pages: 

Open this button to more than one like shows & bring us back link to donate 

Screenshot_20190626-162234_Samsung Internet.jpgLink for donationScreenshot_20190626-162200_Samsung Internet.jpgRaise limit for donations

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 102

@andrewtoo @Laurie42010 

Good Morning Andrew & Controlled,

I'd love to gave all my points to the Foundation to help struggling seniors, and thanks for recommending increasing the limit. 

@sandy @AARPTeri @AARPLynne @VoyagerVicki 

Ladies,

It would be great to let R4G members donate at least 20,000 pts a day to the Foundation until we lose all our hard earned points.

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 102

@andrewtoo wrote:

@AARPTeri @VoyagerVicki 

I would like the option to donate more than the current limit of 1,000 points per month to the AARP Foundation.

An increase to 5,000 or 10,000 points would be warranted considering the points on our account will become totally worthless soon.

Give us a chance to do good with our points!

Anybody out there feel that this is a good option?  Posting your support for this increase could make a difference.

Sincerely,

@andrewtoo I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for posting!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 102

The Donation Banner is missing for me from the Rewards for Good home page.  I have already gifted points to the Foundation for June, so, maybe it is not showing for me because I am maxed out with a 1,000 point donation.

Below is a comment made by @VoyagerVicki on how to access a donation link to the AARP Foundation that I found buried in another topic (that now has nearly 40 posts and growing):

"This month’s direct link to donate points is https://rewards.aarp.org/#/department/product/aarppfcJune19 (You can also access the link for the current month at https://rewards.aarp.org and click on the “Donate Now” red button in the banner near the top of the page. If you don’t see the banner, the cap of points that can be donated for the month has been reached. So, better to do so near the beginning of the month.)

Once on the Donation page, you may donate 1,000 points (limit) by following these steps:

• Click the “Add to Shopping Cart” button.
  • Then click the “Proceed to Check Out” button.

Once checked out, the points will be deducted from your balance. You will receive a confirmation email detailing your points donation."

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views