Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deal in Cart but SOLD OUT? :-(

Message 31 of 66

@AARPTeri @VoyagerVicki  @sandy 

It happened again today on the CVS card this time.  I wonder how many people lost their card because of this glitch?

@andrewtoo wrote:

@AARPTeri @VoyagerVicki @sandy 

What in the World is going on?  I have never seen this before.

I have to Remove it from my cart, after successfully going through 3 or 4 robot screens???  I'm on hold with but can't get through to Customer Service.  See below:

001 Checkout Walmart ECard.JPG

AndrewToo
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deals is a rip off.

Message 32 of 66

I sleep days.  So, when I interrupt my sleep to get up at 12:55 PM MDT to try and snag a daily deal, I get tripply p-o'd when it doesn't work. 

Usually, the stupid screen goes straight from -00 minutes 01 seconds to "the daily deal is sold out."

So, today, when I clicked "add to shopping cart" and actually got to the "I'm not a robot screen" I was elated.  Next, I proceded to checking out, made sure the shipping address was correct, was told that a confirmation e-mail would be sent, and was about to click on the "continue button" at the bottom when, loh and behold, this banner pops up:

"We apologize this item/price is no longer available.  Please remove it to continue the checkout process."

THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS!  What do you do?  Load ten cards to the "store" and then randomly let ten people get the purchase, while telling the rest of us to fly  a kite?

Oh, and I've noticed that nobody "official" has been paying attention to this thread, so I guess I'm just wasting my time on a typical AARP scam, just like so often in the past.  What joy!  What a tremendous experience!  Thanks a whole lot for fragging nothing!

PS to the real people/posters on this thread: I'm going to forward my complaint to actual AARP personnel who have in the past been helpful.  I'll keep you updated if/when I get a response.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 66

@andrewtoo 

Wow Andrew

Glad you got your card

Sounds like an extra dose of crazy today

I don't like the e gift cards

I've gotten a Walmart Gift Card(actual card) mailed long ago rather that cause

e card ones seems to have own issues on top of fight to get "Free" card 

So I didn't join the ring today

Hoping for better things

An even with all its crazy I'm certainly still sad and going to miss having the Daily Deal at 3PM to look forward to

Again glad you got it enjoy

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 66

@AARPTeri 

Removed personal information from image and repasted in the original post.  Without the image, it will be hard for members to understand.  But, thanks anyway.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 66

I'm sure some "troll" will come out from under their bridge and say "well, at least you got a card."  That is not the point.  The daily deal instructed me to release my card because it was sold out.  That shouldn't happen.  And, customer service was slow, no, non-existent when I needed them; they didn't even have enough staff to help within the 20 minute limit.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 66

@andrewtoo   Thank you for the udpates and glad you were able to get on the phone for immediate help.  I have removed the image from your original post since it included some of your personal information.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 66

@k380494p 

Thanks for posting.  This was really confussing today.  I got my card, but, it was irritating and I hung up my call to customer service "muzak" at over 26 minutes on hold.

Let's hope for better things.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 66

Ok. I have my eGift card printed.  This was an ordeal with a short time line.  The instructions could have caused me to give my card back.  And, I am still on hold.  I'll hang up now, but, if I needed to talk to someone to help me; I would have lost my card.  Whew!

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 66

All I got today was when I clicked the 'add to cart' a message that it was sold out.  When I pressed 'continue' it showed that it was still available so I clicked 'add to cart' again.  Said it was sold out, clicked 'continue' still showed it available.  Then showed 'all in carts'.  This happened probably a half a dozen times over the approximate half hour it was 'available'.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 66

Finally allowed me to checkout with E-Card.  Got email confirm.  Got " Subject: You've received an eGift card!"  But, the link does not work to bring up my E-Card.  When I click on like to "View Gift" it give the following screen.  I called customer service and I am still on hold...LOL.  I'm glad I didn't remove from my cart, however, I not convinced that I have an E-Card.

001 Certificate Activating.JPG

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views