Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deals is a rip off.

Message 61 of 66

@k380494p

@ccraig55

@artval786

Hi there

No Daily Deal is not a Scam I've gotten a few nice items and also shockingly won & already received a $15 gas gift card few weeks ago from Sweepstakes entries.

Yes it can be frustrating i've been upset before....but....

....yes you can get deals and win things but yes it takes patience and trying & continuing to refresh page & ect .... seems each day trying 1 day I might get deal quick others wait till after another pops back up at 15 & 27 minutes after 3 

The other day deal offered an expensive shaving cream set which lasted till just b4 next deal so I used that item as test Hitting add button sometimes fraud thing comes up other times it doesn't so I've in past refresh page but this day I tried several ways:  I hit changed mind then another hit continue didn't show any number in cart but when hit to see cart item was there & purchase page showing then I'd hit remove from cart & try another way. So this proved it varies on any given day & time.  

So system works but has issues and seems to work in many different ways with lots of folks trying to get the deal. 

So i'd suggest your trying system out on an item that hangs around you may not want to just see what happens and help you find what works for your computer or phone your using.

Good luck hope you get a deal soon : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 66

I DO NOT believe the Daily Deal is a scam, but I do believe there are issues.  I started having them about a month ago.  I click, I am told it is in my cart, then I am unable to continue.  There have been times I have gone through all that 'I am not a Robot' stuff and even selected the pictures to verify.  After doing all of that, there is nothing in my cart.  

Today, after adding to my cart, I was told my cart couldn't be validated.  Nothing was in my cart.   I waited 20 minutes or so and added it to my cart again, was told it would be held for 20 minutes, then nothing.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 66

I agree 100%.  I have not been able to get ANY daily "deal" since they changed the interface a few months back.  I leave work to get home to be by my computer 15 minutes before the deal starts.  Can't load it into my cart.  Keep refreshing the page.  No luck.  Still can't add it.  I complained to AARP, but they sent me some generic email talking about the other "great" deals that are available.  This is obviously nothing more than a SCAM to lure people in to view the "deals" that are offered through a third-party company.  TOTAL RIP OFF.  And, it is making me angry at AARP for allowing this to happen.  Same thing is going on for my family and friends who have tried to get the daily deals that are obviously now a SCAM.  Clean it up, AARP.  This is ruining your reputation and ticking off a LOT of your members.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 66

Today, I was online and ready for when the "Daily Deal" was going to become available...  at 3:00 when the countdown counter reached 00, it immediately said "ENDED".  I believe that the "Daily Deal" is truly a scam and a total waste of time any more.  AARP should just take it down as it is frustrating more members than entertaining them to say the least.  The only thing that seems to work as designed is the constant badgering that your membership dues are due... starting around 6 months before your membership term actually expires... and, as we all know, seniors just LOVE to be badgered.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 66

@KelliM559697

Sorry you feel this way & experiences have upset you. Please don't give up.

Yes I have posted my frustrations as others have before site updates I've also posted writings about how its worked for me to get a few nice deals & things i've had to do and learned in the process. Feel free to read those at 2 Daily Deals Topic posts. 

In my experience I must keep refreshing page and if only continue button comes up must refresh so the fraud button appears to confirm your not a robot Can't purchase without doing fraud thing.  Also 2 nice jewelry items I have gotten by watching and waiting after 3PM for it to become available again. So keep trying and be ready to say Yippie when you get one.  Magazines last longer at times but that was what got 1st which affirmed it works and is real & now have few nice items that really liked once received so it is possible... just remain hopeful & try Good Luck : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Daily Deals

Message 66 of 66

You can watch the timer go down and click in less than a milisecond and it will say that you were able to put it into your cart....but then you can't click "continue" and it refreshes infront of your face that all items are in the carts.  If this happened once, I'd say I wasn't fast enough.  But it's happened 8 times.  My guess is that they love to flood their active users online ticker so they can promote that number to make advertisers pay more. It's an inflated numbers trick that newspapers use. There are so many posts about having the item in their cart then it goes away and they do not get the daily deal.  

I'm starting to think they have less than 10 items in the daily deals and don't disclose how much is up for grabs, they just want the tens of thousands of people to be online at that time so they can justify their hits online.

Kudos
Views
Replies