With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deals is a rip off.

Message 1 of 18

I have gotten some recently as well.   There are times the site is either overloaded or malfunctioning and the circle appears.   If that happens at Daily Deal time the good ones will be gone.   After the redoing of the site it never worked for me.   Lately it has been working.   I don't know if browser type has anything to do with it working or not.   I'm using Chrome and it works with Chrome.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 18

I have had the same experience.  The site is full of glitches, and there’s no way to get any satisfaction.  Extremely frustrating!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 18

Totally agree with you.  I don’t even try to do the daily deals any more but there is no way we are going to get the deals, except for the magazines.  However, with the magazines I put in name and address I want them to go to and then when I hit place order, it totally puts in a different name and address and then AARP says it can’t be changed. So it goes to someone I don’t want it to go to.  However the worst is their Games where now I can’t play most of the games I could play before but they said they do not know how to fix that either.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18
My experience: sat and waited for the countdown clock to hit zero. When it did so, I immediately attempted to purchase the deal (Walmart gift card). It told me it was sold out. Yeah, right. In less than one second. This is not the first time I've tried this. Two toppers: I attempted, using the contact form, to complain about this and clicking the "submit" button did absolutely nothing. Could not contact them via their contact form. Second: I called them and got a VERY rude woman who told me there was no such thing as a "daily deal" and that I must have been at some scam site. Incredible. A system that doesn't work and people who are extraordinarily rude to their customers.
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 18
I've discovered after being a member for 4 years that AARP is in the business of ripping off seniors by any means necessary!!
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

@tesuga 

Yes Same thing happened for me Was very freaky Showed offer for moment then no matter what did could not get back to rewards page I tried different ways but the whole rewards section was not working could still do quizzes and later noticed got points rewarded for ones done 

For whatever reason the site was messed up Don't think be because gift card deal cause never seen this happen this way before 

Also I too noticed it came back online & available later & folks were able to get the deal 

About year ago the Daily Deal page locked up and didn't get fixed till about hour before the next day's deal started but only that page stuck could still access other Rewards options 

I will say I am online watching Daily Deal most everyday & when offer is one I desire I have gotten most deals I'm interested in. So personally I feel for the site to mess up two times within a year is not bad since nothing is perfect.

@sc8714 

So SC hopefully you'll give it another try and have better luck and experience in future 

Good luck, 

Ginger  : ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18

Hey there,

Just adding some additional info about yesterday's $10 Target E-card Daily Deal...

My sister and I were logged-in ready to go for the Deal also.

At the beginning, she said she got one in her cart... but then it said it was no longer available.

At that time, the system/site appeared to have some major problems as we got the same

endless 'circling dots'. (Likely the site was overwhelmed by people trying for the Deal).

We logged out, but were unable to log in again until about an hour later.

It was probably not until then that the site managers were able to reboot the Deal.

The Deal became available again for a little while after that.

I know it doesn't help with your frustration, but I thought I'd share what we experienced yesterday.

Regards,

- T -

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 18

People actually manage to get in?  I've been sitting here for 20 minutes watching dots circle around and around on an otherwise blank screen no matter how much I refresh.  Not the first time that's happened, either.  It it's not a scam, AARP needs to update its servers so that they don't slow down or crash every time large numbers of users attempt to hit their Daily Deals page.  Extend the time they're available, make more quantities available, whatever they have to do to stop p***ing people off.  I've yet to even connect to their site to try to score a deal.  Frankly, I'm done.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18

Call AARP about that.  When I did they helped me alot.  I sat in front of the computer and was ready to send the item to my cart and nothing happened.  The AARP lady helped me "clear" my computer and it worked great.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18

@ccraig55

Meant to add today's deal of only points for gift card for Starbucks was gone super fast and I only saw 1 pop back up cause usually no one changes mind or such so those "free deals" go fast 

I've only gotten an Amazon card for just points other Deals i've gotten were $$ & points not totally free...oops other than when got AARP lady Disrupt aging book for just points. 

Good luck 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views