Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deals coming! 3 days of points only deals!

Message 1 of 15

@andrewtoo that's my plan to get low with Auctions, it's the points graveyardSmiley LOLI

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@belfrey78 

You seemed pretty clear about what you want.  More Points Only Opportunities (Merchandise and Gift Cards), not just an extra $5 Daily Deal card per week.  How about a $25 points only Walmart card for a daily deal a couple of times a week, huh?

My opinion...The auctions have been ruined already, they were broke before the announcement that our points will expire, now they are a place for hundreds of thousands of point to go and die.  The Auction tiers should be abandoned, because they were never fair to all of us, and people learned to "game the system" by blowing all of their points on Auctions and then earning just enough points to stay in the lowest tier and win two cards a month.

Good Points Only merchandise and gift cards (higher amounts and more of them.)  I had some sort of fantasy in my head that there would be more points only opportunities by this time.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@belfrey78  What big prize were you saving up for? 

The rewards catalog will remain similar to what has been offered in the past with extra items added to give you additional ways to use your points.

Daily Deals: (link: https://rewards.aarp.org/#/dailydeals)
We’ve loaded up the Daily Deals with extra point only deals and more quantities. Check out the newest Daily Deal every day at 3pm. Be quick, Daily Deals sell out fast!

Sweepstakes: (link: https://rewards.aarp.org/#/sweepstakes)
There will be more opportunities for a chance to win sweepstakes. We have increased all sweepstakes entry limits from 50 to 200 tickets daily. Maximum number of entries will now be 200 tickets per day. This change will take effect starting with any new sweepstakes beginning after July 17.

In addition to increased entry limits, featured sweepstakes will have larger prizes and more winners. Daily sweepstake winners have doubled from 20 to 40.

Merchandise: (link: https://rewards.aarp.org/#/merchandise)

We’ve doubled the inventory of merchandise available in the catalog and Daily Deals

Auctions: (link: https://rewards.aarp.org/#/auctions)
Have you been saving your points up for that special item? Auctions are a great way to use your points. The prizes are bigger than ever!

We are sorry that you are not happy with the changes.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@valeriov52121   Thank you for your post - not a glitch.  They will be rolling into this so not all at once today.  You will see this transitioning for the new few days.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

Hello @belfrey78 

You can at least donate 2,000 pts to the foundation which equals $20.00 making our points worth $0.01 each.  We can help struggling seniors!!

We need an increase to at least 10,000 point donation.

Everything you've said is so true and so sad for members who are the losers here!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

You need to have more deals that are items for points only - and not just $5 dollar gift cards.  You need large items that require a large number of points.  I have been saving my points to try to get something substantial that I want.  Now the only items you can redeem points for are small points items, like gift cards or others that use a small number of points.  This new program has caused all of us that were saving points to now try to bid on auctions that use points only and some of the $5 gift cards that used to go for several hundred points are now going for several hundred thousand points because so many people, like me, were banking our points.  I am not interested in deals where I have to pay dollars out of my pocket, along with points, to purchase something that I'm not really that interested in.  Paying hundreds of thousand points for a $5 gift card is the pandemonium that you have created by not allowing points to roll over.  I don't believe in the crap shoot with sweepstakes and that is just a waste of my points.  I am disappointed in AARP about this whole thing that I have spent countless hours building up my points, that I will likely maybe get only a cheap gift card for hundreds of thousand points or maybe nothing at all and will lose all my points.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

Hi Terry  It's 11:00 AM PT 7/18/19 and i just want to let you know that only 3 out 8 sweeps now available give you 200 entries , the rest still at 50 daily maximum !!

Another glitch ?

Thank you for your help and wishing everybody a very good day.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

@valeriov52121   Please note that the sweeps will be increasing from 50 to 200 after today!

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@gm5271   The sweeps, daily deals and auctions will continue.  Only the ability to earn points will end on 7/25/19.  

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

@AARPTeri 

Good Morning Teri,

Do you really think this is a something to be excited about?  The bidding on $5 gift cards is at 200,000 points and overSmiley LOL  It's cheaper to just spend the cash. 

Will there be any Points Only deals for mechandise valued over $25.00 that doesn't require cash?

@valeriov52121's reply was on point:

And the auctions ? Betting 300K-500K to win $ 5 card ....JUST ABSURD !!!!

Why not be able to donate more than 2000 points monthly to AARP FOUNDATION ?

Very disappointing and NOT FAIR.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@AARPTeri  it's enough of a shock knowing that we are losing these hard earned points.  Encourage the Powers to Be to at least do the right thing for the end of R4G.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views