Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deal

Message 11 of 23

This is exactly what just happened today and it was not sold out.   I was watching the countdown in Chrome and the countdown went straight from1 to sold out.   I then opened Edge and sure enough there was the deal, still offered.   This was a good day to check as Car and Driver did not sell out immediately.  It is my opinion that the "upgrade" made the Daily Deal not work with Chrome and perhaps other browsers.  Tomorrow I will try with Edge and see what happens.    The active button never appears in Chrome since the upgrade.   @charming1a What browser were you using?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 23

Just letting you know that I had problems with the Daily Deal/$5 Amazon card also yesterday... along with many other people that I've heard about.

After numerous clicks over the hour that took us to the next step of it saying it was in our cart,

only to have the 'Continue' button not work... I finally DID get it in my cart.

However, after immediately going to 'Proceed to Checkout', and getting as far as the Complete or Submit Order button...

I was then told that (apologetically) the item was no longer available, and I had to remove it from my cart.

The same problems occured until the site showed Sold Out.

This situation has happened with other gift card deals that I know about.

I do know of 1 person that was able to get the card yesterday near the beginning, a few seconds after the start.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 23

You have to click on that little button area that comes up to continue with purchase I've only been able to get 3 magazines through program in all my years here just got O magazine yesterday for points only but still can't get others in time.... only get magazines they last longer

But did recall what your talking about had do yesterday & if you don't do that to prevent frauds thing you can't buy Just like earning points in quizzes it sometimes asks for me do that same thing to get my points 

Good Luck maybe one day will get a great item Smiley Happy

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 23

I just got the daily deal 7/17/2018 5 amazon gift card for 500 points and got the following page and it would not let me comtinue and timed out!!!!!

This item will be reserved in your cart for 20minutes. Please complete the following verification to proceed. This step reduces fraudulent activity so we can ensure Rewards for Good users have the best experience.

No thanks, I've changed my mind

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 23

I found complaints as far back as 2015, so the problem is pervasive!  As  great as AARP is, it should use its muscle to force their third party to stop the fraud, otherwise discontinue the Daily Deals, period!  AARP should be ashamed of itself for sponsoring something that the majority of the senior community cannot benefit from.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 23

Hi,  I have 'snagged' some of the daily deals and I am definitely not a bot (or use a bot).  I am a member and a real person who clicks on the 'add to'  button.  I have noticed that to 'check out' a daily deal, one has to complete the 'captcha' which would be hard for a bot to do. I do think it is hard to snag a daily deal unless you have a real fast browser, a real fast computer, a real fast internet connection, and real fast reflexes.  However, it is possible.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 23

Not to continue to discourage you, but there is definitely "bots" set up that are grabbing the daily deal faster than any of us real people can.  These programs send out a rapid fire "click" to the Rewards for Good site and snag the deal. Note that a few years ago the RwG team removed the winning user IDs since the same people (or automated bot accounts) were winning constantly. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be an audit of the website to determine how flagrant the abuse is.  Generally, the CPA firm completing the annual audit of the organization would perform an IT audit to determine all issues and recommend changes in security needed.

This is why you will occasionally see the button that says Click this to verify that I am a human.

Since the site is free, a class action lawsuit would not bring much in damages, but might push the team to move for correction, but certainly there are more important things for us to use our time for.

So, just ignore the daily deals, you will only win by sheer luck (odds are better in the lottery) or if the item has little value.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 23

Same with me literally I don't know what have to do to get item I wanted clock with pictures today watched whole 10 minutes tap as soon as available went to my cart but was showing 0 points & nothing in cart : ) then screen came up not added to cart all already in cart ....really upsets me I have reminder on phone to tell me at 15 till go check deal everyday Some not interested in but others can't get and today I wanted clock the most of anything ever I'm sad over this Don't understand how system works cause I have no luck with it How about anyone else? Thanks 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 23

@l471650b @rp15681857

Each Daily Deal lasts for 23 hours and 50 minutes.  At 2:50 pm, the current days (upcoming) DD shows up and there is 10 minutes until it starts.  At 3 pm, when the deal starts, the timer at the top of the page will say 23 hours and 50 minutes and start counting down.  At 3:01 the timer will say 23 hours and 49 minutes, etc.  

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 23

@l471650bwrote:

Really? Then why, after the countdown to 0 for the Daily Deal to become available, does the timer instantly change to show 23h 50m left on the deal when the actual time of 3:01 PM??? The past 2 days, after watching the countdown to 0 & clicking the very instant the 'add to cart' button appears, does it immediately indicate that ALL ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY IN CARTS, but the TIMER changes to show it is 10 minutes into the deal that just started seconds ago. I took a screenshot of my desktop showing the time on my computer at 3:11 PM while the daily deal page displayed the time left in the deal at 23h38m44s - so at 3:11 we're 22 minutes into the deal? Clearly, there were 10 minutes unaccounted for in that countdown. Something is wrong here.

Yes, I've never seen a daily deal actually functional properly.  Few times I tried to check at 3pm they were always already taken in cart - makes no sense whatsoever.

Your info seems to indicate that they don't maintain proper time on their servers. Time sync is mandatory across servers for anything that has this type of functionality.  Total IT amateurs,  Ok - maybe jumped too fast..  have seen times where items were still available, but timing definitely has odd behaviour.   Was also annoyed since the daily Login Deposit points were 50 yesterday, so thought they were taking away more points again..    back to 75 points today. 

Kudos
Views