Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Daily Deal

Message 1 of 23

Yesterday I was so excited as I got the item in my cart, had the security pictures come up, and then it went to sold out.   There is a glitch there somewhere.   If it was in my cart, it should not have kicked me out.  However I did get a daily deal the other day for the first time in a long time.   I was riding with DH in the car and got it on my phone.   Phone also uses Chrome so it's not Chrome that is the problem.   Have no clue what is with my laptop/home computer.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

@HokiePoq

Also meant to say congrats on getting yourself a deal Enjoy! 

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

@HokiePoq 

I've not tried for Free(just cost points) gift cards those go fast also but I have gotten 4 jewlery items that cost points plus cash price & 3 were really nice. 

Since you can now see next days items I've searched and shopped for comparison items finding that the Daily Deals are lower priced than you will buy elsewhere plus they also have nice guarantee if find cheaper.

I've not considered the back button as you suggest but use the refresh button. Thanks for suggestion I'll try back also see if helps the fraud square appear which is what happens for me I can see add to cart then most times only get continue box have to refresh to get fraud square & continue to come up so can complete purchase 

Happy shopping  ;  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

If you hit the back button on Chrome sometimes the button will appear.  This is only if no one else wants the Daily Deal or if  it is costly.  I got the deal yesterday on Chrome but it cost $14.99.   Free anything except magazines is still out of our reach on Chrome.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23
Thank you, HokiePoq. I didn't think about trying a different browser. I have been using Chrome with the "Add To Shopping Cart" button that doesn't work unless I refresh the page. Of course, by the time I refresh, it's too late. Tomorrow I will try using Edge or Firefox.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

Since the update I've actually been able to get a few nice jewelry items 2 of the times it was after waiting 11 minutes other 24 minutes after deal started at 3 So I've learned patience pays off cause some will change mind or info doesn't work or they use up 20 minutes it allows you to purchase & will become available again 

Yes I've hit the item say in cart but only shows continue button the fraud thing doesn't when that's happened I refresh page

(hitting circle at top with web page listed)  then the fraud thing comes up Can't purchase without checking fraud square "I'm not robot" I actually refresh page many times while I'm waiting from 2:50 Also best if you've got address and purchase information saved on site so you don't run out of time in checkout.  I don't use Chrome as my internet either think have read few folks using it have had issues So suggest you try different one if been using chrome. I believe the update helped with a lot of things and definitely fraud update change helps everyone have a better chance at getting a deal. 

Also I'm grateful for the updates can do quizzes for points on phone not just PC which few folks use these days. I also like getting couple of free magazines(points only)  which hang around longer 

So don't give up I didn't and I really like things I've gotten They do good job of variety some days I have no interest in item which is good cause feel others may feel same way about things I'm interested in. Good luck Come to site freshly signed in and keep refreshing page while you wait and if only get continue box quickly refresh page then hit fraud place and hopefully you will get in cart If not wait around 20+minutes it is truth when it states "all in carts hang around one may become available" cause they do pop back up... I've even watched this happen on items of no interest just to confirm process. Once all sales are final it'll say All in carts deal over 

Hope to hear you have success soon Have a beautiful day! :  ) 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23
@jl8385995 This is exactly my problem. Since the website redesign, the button no longer comes up when the time is up. So even if I sit there and wait, "Sold Out" comes up...never the button...only on magazines and things no one wants to buy. Even then it takes a couple of minutes to appear.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

When the daily deal comes up, the Add to Shopping Cart is not highlighted & I am not able to click on the daily deal, & then I see it is all sold out.  Why is the Add to Shopping Cart not highlighted so I can at least try to get the daily deal?

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

Heart Woman Wink

I'm super excited I was just now able to purchase the Halo Dangle Earrings Daily Deal today b4 they were all sold out Yippie yippie I was waiting as I've done before but today with both my phone and my tablet & was able to get item into my cart I almost messed up not noticing the click to hit fraud thing before hit continue 

So i'm very delighted with the new update to the online setup which now shows tomorrow deal online(unless not sold out) which I saw last night and setup timer to remind me Also think update helps to purchase but also very grateful every since update I'm now able to play quizzes for points on my phone Before didn't work on phone It now takes a wee bit more effort to enter all the sweepstakes but I'm happy for changes and who knows one day might win a sweeps 

So I may never get another item other than magazines and these earrings but I feel there is Hope which always makes life easier and better... so good luck everyone Maybe tomorrow is your day to be blessed!  : ) 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

Hi Hokie Poq,

I wrote a rather lengthy reply to your post yesterday, hit Post, and am not sure what happened to it.

I can't see it.  Trying again.

To answer your question about which browser I use, I usually use Firefox on my Mac... occasionally Safari.

I'll  try to condence this other part.

I've been monitoring some of the AARP R4G Daily Deals (gift cards and other items) at their start times since the 'new look' to the website.

Various things have happened.

Sometimes, all goes fine.

At other times, there appear to be glitches in the process that are either resolved quickly by the site managers, take some additional time, or can extend over an hour and never seem to be resolved because the 'Add to Cart', 'Continue' buttons, or processes would not work properly. 

At that time, the item availability seems to change to Sold Out anyway. 

Sometimes, I just need to 'refresh' the web page at the start after a glitch if it doesn't change by itself.

Changing my browser has not changed anything for me.

We know that the system can possibly get overloaded at the start with many people clicking at the same time.   We can only guess what is actually happening.

It would be nice it the site would let us know when they 'are experiencing technical difficulties, and are trying to resolve the issues', or unable to.

I have been able to get a few gift cards here and there.

I hope this helps a little.

- T -

Kudos
Views