Credit freezes are free under a federal law that just went into effect. Learn how to protect your credit.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Changes in Rewards For Good Tasks (October)

Message 11 of 22

rp15681857 wrote:

It did for me:

2017-10-15
Deposit
Thank you for using the Pill Identifier

But really losing the Money Savings Quiz 1200 points each week is a big loss.

Basically halves the weekly points..

@rp15681857 Well hurray for you and double waa for me, then. I'll give it another try in a second.

I agree, the loss of the 1,200 weekly points is a blow. Smiley Sad Maybe the plan is to make up for it somehow? 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 22

It did for me:

2017-10-15
Deposit
Thank you for using the Pill Identifier

But really loosing the Money Savings Quiz 1200 points each week is a big loss.

Basically halves the weekly points..

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 22

rp15681857 wrote:
Type into the drug name field to search for it - then points get awarded.

@rp15681857 Hi; thanks for the tip. Did this work for you today?

Nothing has worked to get me those 75 points this morning, even that. (waa)  I rebooted, the works: nada. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 22
Type into the drug name field to search for it - then points get awarded.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 22

The Pill Identifier (75 points weekly and monthly) is flatly refusing to award the points shown in the badge this morning. Waa.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 22

rp15681857 wrote:

To pw3681,  you were right..   1200 weekly points removed.

@rp15681857@pw3681 Ugh, this is true. No points at all. Not even the 600 I earned last week.

Did I say ugh? I meant double ugh.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 22

To pw3681,  you were right..   1200 weekly points removed.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 22

@pw3681  Hey, rant on. Smiley Happy  I'm a firm believer in the principle of the squeaky wheel. Look how well it has worked in recent weeks to get certain points earning tasks repaired and returned to the main points earnings page. Go team! Smiley Happy

We will see what happens with the Money Saving Skills quiz in a few days. Frankly, I hope you are wrong on that one.  Smiley Happy

As I don't participate in the auctions I leave auction comments to others. I find the points embarrassingly devalued --200,000 for a $5 Walmart gift card is madness-- and am therefore hoarding my points until a brighter day. I'd like to see deeper discounts (10% discounts are nothing); a system for savings on fresh organic foods and farmers market goods; a way to redeem points for a gym membership (where participation also earned seniors R4G points), and also see various lifestyle improving initiatives be incorporated into the program. In short: let's get serious here and start truly improving lives. But, ya know, that's just me. Smiley Happy

Your code idea cracked me up. It does sometimes feel like an us against them thing, doesn't it?  But that's why I started writing out tips: to help straighten out the curve. That said, if Sunday I get no points for the Money Savings Skill task, I will give serious thought to starting a PM tips list. LOL.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 22

smarthu wrote:

Thanks for doing this--it's much appreciated

@smarthu  It's my happy pleasure. I want to see every one of us get the absolute most out of this program*, and AARP*. And retirement*. And oxygen*. You get the picture. 

* because man alive, it ain't easy, is it?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 22

Dear Epster --

I think if you check next Sunday, you may find the Money Saving Skills quiz no longer awards ANY points any more. Since the happy glitch that caused it to give 1200 points every week for the past two-plus years has now been "caught" by the tech folks, perhaps it's because one of them finally caught up with all your hard work on this forum. Perhaps we should keep the good news about the "good" glitches to ourselves. Or find a secret code. I don't know.

It's pretty obvious that, since launching R4G, the web-meisters have been chipping away at it month by month, benefit by benefit. Do you remember how many auctions each day there were at the beginning? And how many sweepstakes winners per item? And the worth of the prizes/auction items? Do you remember all the tasks that used to be renewed on a daily basis? A weekly basis? How far that number has fallen!

Add to that the ridiculous "new" auction bidding system. Admittedly, the first system was a bit cumbersome. Bidding could go on for hours and hours -- at one point per bid! But it was way more fun and participatory than this 15-bids-and-done system in which the auction outcome is decided within minutes of the posting and fewer than a dozen discrete bidders are involved.

There's a "thing" in website management called "user engagement," and AARP has falled woefully behind in that area. The goal is to get as many people as possible participating - engaging -- in the website. But the way the auction works is to cut that down to a tiny percentage of what it used to be. Declining engagement numbers surely aren't what a website management team wants, unless it's trying to close down the project altogether. It's much easier to convince the powers that be to close down a service if you can produce numbers that are constantly on the decline.

OK, rant over.

Nice to see someone as focused on the website as I am - although you're much more forgiving.

P.S. I'm not some cranky ole' guy who's never won anything on the site -- i've won more than a dozen auctions and numerous daily deals and sweepstakes. No complaints on that score. I just hate the hypocrisy of all the mealy-mouth explanations of the site's woes that are deceptive, self-serving or ill-informed (or a combination of all three).

All best ...

Kudos
Views