Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Auctions That Are Out Of My Point Range

Message 11 of 68

@al45009948 

Hello Anthony, that's absolutely wonderfulSmiley Happy  Congratulations!!!

Enjoy your Prize 👏.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 68

Just wanted to let everyone know, I won a Sweepstakes $25 Starbucks gift card. I'm using my points for sweepstakes only. Only see 3 Auctions that are way out of my range. Got about 38,000 points left. Gonna keep trying. I'm wondering if I won only because I sent them a comment about the way their program works.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 68

@gm5271 

Right Ginger, I don't doubt there could be about 26 members out there with a million plus points.  But with bidding at a million plus, 900,000 plus on Auctions for months now, these bidding levels should soon be over or should have been over.

When you win (1) you these Auctions it takes away the majority of your points to beat the next highest bidder, refunding you some points but not a lot.  You're now suppose to be in a different tier and unable to see bids of 900,000 plus points.  

My reason for asking Community Managers to explain Tiers!!  And @AARPTeri posted that "Auctions are at the Program Managers discretion"Smiley Sad

So I assume you see what they want you to see.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 68

Another thought 

Just occurred to me 

Given if you could've/ used be able earn 5000 points a day Being active and earning 5000 day for 200 days a year be a Million so the oldest members could've easily earned couple million in few years...especially if stored as Epster did Wow

Ginger ; ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 68

@HokiePoq @mi4090 

Hokie & Marylin 

One of the 1st persons I met in community Epster has/had over million points she been around since beginning & was storing up to get gift cards once she retired and RV travel across the country.... she was very upset with the ending of program as it blew her plans

From what I understand from her and couple others There used to be many more opportunities to earn points ( quizzes, bonus, promo & ect) and you used to could really earn alot daily which is why they have 5000 daily limit which for myself in last couple years being active only at yearly earning did I ever risk earning over limit 

So I believe there are a few members from beginning that have that many but I don't think its a great number of folks 

I'm gonna guess R4G knows these members and has awareness to amount of points we have which may be why Auctions are winding down???

Also consider this it seems like its been alot of million point bids but not really they just last a long time We had 3 big items b4 the big 3 we have now so that's 6 in total since announcement then given even if were 10-20 more with million or close to million others (example:  900,000 for $100 Amazon card)  that's still only 16-26 people/bidders which is not really that many when consider supposed to be millions of members 

Just my thoughts... but truly its anyone's guess unless someone were to share about having that many

Ginger : )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 68

@mi4090 

I interpreted what @AARPTeri  said as the company administering the program does so at its discretion.    You used to go from the AARP site to the company that runs R4G site, two separate things (probably still the two sites, at least until Sept).   I truly hope that company did not do anything that could be construed as unfair.   Federal law prohibits such in sweepstakes but I am not sure that auctions fall under that law.   We've discussed this before in the context of employees' participating in auctions.  I don't think the point ranges are the result of anything but computer programming. I could never understand how people had so many points in the first place and that was before this ending period but some on the boards said they did, perhaps getting a lot of them at the beginning before I joined the program.  I'd assume the company programmed at the direction of AARP.     Perhaps Teri could let us know what she meant by that.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 68

@gm5271 , @HokiePoq 

There could be favoritism with Auctions as per Teri's post on a different thread stating that Auctions are at the discretion of Program Management.  Thus, the reason why everything is out of points range😢

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 68

@mi4090 

@al45009948 

Indeed Marylin 

Great screenshot 

I checked this morning still same & yes 900,000+ points on $100 card.... insanely wild

As your other posts to managers stated: 

Teri has said only see what you can bid on I've always seen the big ones & ones with outrageous amounts

I was seeing new ones starting... now there's only one or two 

I asked why so few no reply yet

So Teri @AARPTeri what about it? Why so few? 

Are y'all shutting down Auctions before the changeover? Thanks

Appreciate any help & answers 

Ginger  :  ) 

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 68

@mi4090  @gm5271 

I am also seeing only five items....four $5 cards, the $100 card, and the three big items.   

I am under 5K points so the bids on the $5 cards are less than the screen shot but more points than I have.  Seems like the same items are offered on the tiers at this time.  The $100 card has close to a million points.    There are very few items listed on future auctions  Only two scheduled to come online tomorrow and some future days have only one listed.  I hope more will be added as those with points need a good place to use them.   Yesterday's Daily Deal is not getting many takers, no surprise there.   

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 68

Hello @al45009948 ,

Al, this morning there are only 4 live auction items of $5 cards, no page 2 and (1) $100 card with outrageous bid.  Who could still have over 940,000 points with the short time remaining.  This maybe what @gm5271 Ginger posted the other day with no change yet.

Have a Blessed Day,

MarylinScreenshot_2019-08-18-07-11-51.png

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views