Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Auctions That Are Out Of My Point Range

Message 61 of 68

Hello @HokiePoq 

You said good luck this last week, what is this the last week for?  Did I miss something, it's easy to do?  I know the last day to earn points is 7/25/19.  

I thought we would be able to use points through the end of August.  Let me know?  ThanksSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 68

@al45009948   Log on before 3...it's over then.   I sit there and wait for the button to light up.  Most of the time I am not the fastest but I have gotten my share over the years including one last week.   Some people have better internet connections than others.   I'm thinking the fastest connections have the button light up first.   We have FIOS so ours is pretty fast but not their fastest (which you pay more for) or as fast as other more expensive systems.

I have also had the problem posted about by others where it gets in your cart but never comes out, 

That is a glitch I imagine.  I also think the extended period yesterday and one other day where all items were in carts for hours was a glitch.  There is a time limit something is to be in a cart.   Until the last week that had apparently worked.   With the final week looming I doubt it's been a priority to reprogram it.  Good luck this last week!

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 68

@al45009948 

Hello Al,

I used my points for entries into the sweeps when I first joined and never won, just lost points.  

The Daily Deals, Auctions and Sweeps are designed so members have to use large amounts of points to win something that's not valuable for the majority of us.

The new program may be even worst, having to earn points all over again and the Welcome packages points being different for everyone.  That is very unfair!!  Some members will automatically began AARP Rewards program at a disadvantage. 

If 2,000 points is equal to $20 donation; then our points are valued at $0.01 cent eachSmiley Sad

Increase Donations to the Foundation Community ManagersSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 68

About the Daily Deal, each time I try to get a Daily Deal and I logged on exactly 3pm and it said all carts were full. This happens every time. I've started spending my points on Sweepstakes. Maybe I'll have a better chance.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 68

Hello @HokiePoq 

I joined R4G four years ago and became a member.  I agree with you about giving up the majority of my points to see deals at lower bidding level.  At this point the bids are so high, when I do bid and if I could possibly get a $5 anything, I'll have very few points for what may happen in August.  

I'd love to donate all my points to the Foundation.  I'm really not interested in the $5 to $25 dollar gift cards.  I was saving my points to get something of real value, but since that won't happen I'll probably lose them if I can't donate them.

Watching the clock daily, struggling with all the problems members have posted about "Daily Deals" that require money plus points and occasionally points only isn't worth it.  I may try before it's over.  Thanks for the adviceSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 68

@mi4090 @al45009948 

Those are questions many of us have had for years.   The new "improved" bidding system put in a couple of years ago made everything ten times worse in terms of values in auctions.   Values never went down as admins claimed they would and now it's ridiculous with folks spending hundreds of thousands for almost nothing.

I can only suggest spending down and then you will see the lower priced auctions.  I did that and got a couple of things and now have too few to bid on even those.   Which is a good thing all things considered. 

My pesonal opinion is that bots were used which may have been the reason we occasionally get a prove you're not a robot box.   However, legit people have posted here who had a million points.  They started at the beginning, earned the max, and kept earning and not spending.   

I'm glad I spent mine on little things mostly but always dreamed of having enough for one of the big items.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 68

@al45009948 

Hello Al,

I'd also like to know how so many people can continuously bid at such high levels.  This doesn't seem right considering how long it takes to accumulate the points.  But I was told by another member that it was easier to get points at the beginning of R4G.  

How much longer can the bidding of huge amounts of points last?  Doesn't seem right.  Wonder if these huge points bidder will still have points for biddding in August?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Auctions That Are Out Of My Point Range

Message 68 of 68

Now that we're coming to end of the Rewards program, the only Auctions that I can bid on are out of range for me. Come on now, 250,000 points for a $5 Amazon card. Where are these people getting yhese points from? I've done all the quizzes and trivia I can do and I will never reach 500,000 points. I've only won 3 times in the past 2 years.

Kudos
Views
Replies