Having a Flexible Work Schedule Can Make You Feel (re)markable. Find a Part-Time Job on AARP’s Job Board.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Accounting Oddities: Is there an explanation?

Message 1 of 4

@ab1695 wrote:

To me, this is a minor, correctable mini-glitch, compared to the more serious and mysterious rampant disappearance of point-earning activities. (In a variationof the "How many XXX dies it take to screw in a  lightbulb" jokes, How many activities can AARP kill before it chases all its members away?)

<end of rant>

@ab1695 Right? I earned 720 points this morning. Sunday morning. There used to be like 2,300 points available on a Sunday. 

150 of these points took me about 7 minutes to get because the activity kept seizing up. (I'm not going to name the activity, because they'll just remove it, never to be seen again.) I've 150 more points to earn, but I'm out of patience so will come back to them. Unless I decide to just go cycling and forget about it. Smiley Happy

All this to say: I hear your rant and feel your pain, sister. Smiley Happy

Question is: Do the powers that be see this on-going problem and are they doing something about it?

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content

Message 2 of 4

@ab1695  Yeah, yeah, the zero points thing happens all the time. All. The. Time.

But this missing 13+G points thing went on for two days no matter how many times I logged in or out, refreshed, rebooted, et cetera. Not that my R4G account actually lost points, mind you. I just found it weirder than the usual weirdness.

I agree that Rewards program has been allowing unresolved issues to increase as if that was some sort of goal. Would that they'd put serious effort into fixing things instead of diminishing the program.

(Last para edited for clarity. Sorry about the 4AM brain farts. Smiley Happy)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 4

This happens all the time. Freak not out <g>

Generally, the one on the R4G page is the accurate one. Usually, I can get the total on the AARP main page to match by earning points - do the recipe searxh or something, and then refresh the main page. This also works when the main page shows 0 points (can scare you the first few times this happens, doesn't it?). Just refreshing without out earning at least some points just doesn't do the trick.

To me, this is a minor, correctable mini-glitch, compared to the more serious and mysterious rampant disappearance of point-earning activities. (In a variationof the "How many XXX dies it take to screw in a  lightbulb" jokes, How many activities can AARP kill before it chases all its members away?)

<end of rant>

Highlighted

Accounting Oddities: Is there an explanation?

Message 4 of 4

So. This is my R4G points balance as reported on the AARP website proper

On the AARP site.png

Annnnd ... this is my R4G points balance as reflected on the R4G site:

R4G site.png

My question, since I've seen where others have alluded to this issue, and not because I fear some of my points have vanished, is: what manner of weirdness, this?