AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP points

Message 1 of 49
I just found out I have these reward points. But, like you, I checked out what I could do with them. Well, I could use them to pay $90 for a $100 gift card to stores that aren't in my area or not places I patronize anyway. It doesn't seem like a reward program. I am going to write a letter to the magazine: I joined AARP to support lobbying for issues for us older folx. I see very little information about what is actually being done - aside from selling us to the "partners". Maybe they aren't communicating well. AARP needs to be fighting in DC against the folx who think Social Security and Medicare should be abolished. If you go back to the statements made by the founder of AARP, it seems the organization is very far from original mission of not being beholden to other interests - such as the insurance scammers at NY Life or all these retailers.
So my points will be wasted - not that I understand why there are "points" anyway. Pity.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 49

The points have always been a joke anyway. How about you spend $90, and I will give you $10? I won’t be participating in the new program and I am unsubscribing to all emails. I don’t even know if I will renew my membership, I don’t see its worth, a magazine I don’t read?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 49

I to used to do come reward and also kelloggs.  Quit both due to say they did.  I probably will let my points on sale drop off and not bother with the new program.  Don't like that people are put in different brackets due to number of points you have. If you have fifty thousand of one hundred thousand you she be bidding on same thing.  And using a hundr ed thousand points for a twenty dollars prize is just insane

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Will all RWG points earned BEFORE the new program starts be lost if not used by end of summer?

Message 4 of 49

@g878458j   Your points will not rollover to the new program.  Points don't carry over because you don't need your points in the same way with the new AARP Rewards. Today you have to have points to make a purchase. In the new you will be able to use points or cash. It's for this reason that points will not carry over.

You will start off with points though!  As a thank you for participating with Rewards for Good, legacy users will get welcome bonus points. Exact amounts will differ by user based on your engagement and tenure with the Rewards for Good program.  Watch out for an email as we get closer to the launch of AARP Rewards which will tell you how to claim these points.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will all RWG points earned BEFORE the new program starts be lost if not used by end of summer?

Message 5 of 49

Hello @g878458j 

As @gm5271 Ginger and @andrewtoo Andrew have both stated Yes.  All those hard earned points will be goneSmiley Sad  This is so sad, since we will be able to earn points with the new AARP Rewards program.

@AARPTeri As far as the Welcome package goes, will it be the same package for everyone or will it be based on something (i.e. Legacy member).  This can start members immediately at different levels.  Could you please let us know if everyone will start with the same advantage, points or level via Welcome Bonus?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 49

Hello G, @g878458j 

Take a look at the FAQ about the transition: https://campaigns.aarp.org/rewardsforgood/?intcmp=R4G-SUNSET-HP&_ga=2.146470836.1093763792.156255090...

From the FAQ:

"I've heard there is a Welcome bonus for the new program. How does it work?
As a token of our gratitude for your participation in Rewards for Good, we are giving you a Welcome bonus when AARP Rewards is unveiled. Don't worry, we will email you to tell you exactly how to claim this bonus as we get closer to launch."

So, we may not start with zero, but Rewards for Good points will expire worthless sometime after July 25th.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 49

@g878458j 

Hey G

Yes as I understand and have read

No points will carryover to new program Also we can no longer earn points after July 25th just spend what we have till September 

The new program begins sometime in September which they've stated be getting email about a Welcome Bonus to kick off our start into new Rewards program but no details about what that may be have been shared yet 

So use up your points if possible cause they'll no longer be any good come September 

Hope this helps 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Will all RWG points earned BEFORE the new program starts be lost if not used by end of summer?

Message 8 of 49

I have accumulated quite a few points and don’t frequently use them.  Will all of them be lost when the new program starts?  That is, will we all have to start from scratch (-0-) again to earn points?

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: points

Message 9 of 49

@gm5271

Hello Ginger,

Lot of information going through various threads on numerous post; no problem.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: points

Message 10 of 49

@mi4090 

Marylin sorry for confusion

Think my brain was fried 🤯

I edited my post to @kswan1958 

Thanks for noticing my wording I reread posts but missed way sounded thanks

You have correct info

We can earn points till July 25th then have till some time in September to use them More details coming they say 

Have a beautiful day 

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views