Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP points

Message 31 of 49

@maepaula 

Hello Mae,

As per Ginger statement about using points to enter, it would be a good idea if you have ove 500,000 to win something even minorSmiley LOL

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 49

@maepaula 

Hey Mae

You don't have to enter any personal information when your entering the R4G Sweepstakes on site they already have your member information to contact you if you win & also they notify you on R4G site next time you sign in after win. 

I've won 3 times just small $5 & $15 but it only costed me points.... so delighted me. 

Now they give to 40 winners vs 20 used be

Have no clue if they'll even be Sweepstakes in new program but using your points try win now is simple and easy you only enter your amount of entries using your points 

Check it out not anything like entering Publishers Clearinghouse mess get in mail or email

All done on site certain its safe as being here posting 

Enjoy your day

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 49

@mi4090 

Marylin

I'm paid up till 2024 

I have many things through AARP plus support Foundation so that won't change

Also I have many other forums post on also but having no R4G Sweeps or Daily Deals at 3pm or Daily quizzes will cause me to move away from the site 

I've already removed my bio my avatar pic & unsubscribed from half of newsletters today and may stop more if no longer Promo codes or such

Don't think AARP realizes how much advertising monies they may lose by so many folks no longer clicking around site

Time will tell

Ginger 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 49

@mi4090 

Marylin 

I would think it would change to AARP Rewards Topic but who knows what will be happening if they'll be anything for us to share

If goes way as Coca-cola &others they'll eliminate the need cause nothing would affect anyone else

But truly only a guess 

We won't honestly know till that time comes. I know I hated losing Coke Rewards way was Was member 12+years got lots special ornaments and coke products you can't get anymore it is much more video and such suits younger folks more than does me I used go almost everyday now go about every 3-4 months now

We can hope we all find a way to stay connected.... maybe we'll start a new Topic "Past members of R4G" that's a thought 

Ginger :  )  

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 49

@maepaula 

Hello R4G Warrior,

I've asked that question in numerous post, and asked all Community Managers to no avail.

I truly understand your frustration with losing points that we struggled so hard to earn, and the amount of points being used to get something is unbelievable!!

SAD TIMES!!!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 49

I don't understand why our points can't be carried over to the new program.  I am interested in using my points for the current offerings.  I am not interested in what the new program will offer - like fitness, entering sweepstakes, etc.  (I never win at sweepstakes and you need to enter personal information, which is NOT a good idea). I'm 80 years old so a lot of your future offerings will not interest me.  I'll probably end up deleting AARP emails awhen I receive them, and eventually cancel messages from AARP. 

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 49

@gm5271 

Hi Ginger,

I wonder if there will be a Community Forum for AARP Rewards, do you know?

I lot of people may not renew memberships.  No organization is "To Big to Fail"!!

Have a Blessed Day,

Maryllin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 49

@mi4090 

Marylin oh Marylin 

What sadness

Unreal really 

I'm working my way over to other longer posts

Its taken me 3 days to grasp this and feel could come here without alot of anger and upset. & because of something personal the helpers got me involved in thought be helping R4G... still not clear about that...I got a phone call last Friday telling me change was coming but was led to believe lots staying same but doesn't seem so....

Its wild how Andrew and I think same.... I was working on post about unlocking limit for donations & have screenshots did for it & Andrew thought pretty much same thing.... and now its all gone doesn't seem will be able to do next month

I'm truly going to miss all the folks here 

Just don't feel it'll be same time will tell but my gut feels like time to move on find some other interests 

Sad sad

Will try enjoy while lasts but I don't see any reason to do quizzes or anything really what's the point from details I've read don't think it'll matter ....🙁😰

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 49

@gs9897 

Yes Garnett it deeply saddens me I know I will sound pitiful but I looked forward to coming to site everyday and trying for Daily Deals that was interested in & involvement in our Community.... terrible loss

Its a dark moment for me 

I'd like to think it'll be better but truly don't think it will be

I'm gonna miss all the folks and interactions have had last couple years

Enjoy while last 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 49

@tjpiatt @gm5271 

Yes, this is really sad I have close to 300.000 pts. and would love to donate them all to AARP Foundation to benefit seniors.  

Ginger I saw you post that Donate it's working.  This is ending to make R4G Warriors spend moneySmiley Sad

I don't believe any member ever won anything valued over a $1,000.00 during the entire time program was active, regardless of the amount of points that were bidded.

SAD that an organization would treat seniors this way!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views