Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Sweepstakes

Message 31 of 35

Thanks for the reply. At least I will know what to look for, not that I expect to win! Cat Wink

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 35

You get an e-mail notice, plus, on the rewards for good site, where you enter the sweeps, there's a "message" at the top. Normally, it just shows 1 message, which says you get one entry for logging in. If you see 2 messages, it means you've won something. Then you click on it and follow the directions.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 35

@ej64073754 - How do they notify the winners? Is it by phone? email?

I enter these sweeps all the time as a way of using my points. I've never won anything. 

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 35
ONE THING I FAILED TO MENTION - YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AN AARP MEMBER TO ENTER THESE SWEEPS. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS REGISTER IN ORDER TO GET TO THAT SITE. AARP MEMBERS GET ONE EXTRA ENTRY ABOVE NON-MEMBERS. IS THAT FAIR? I THINK THESE SHOULD ONLY BE OPEN TO THOSE WHO HAVE PAID THEIR AARP MEMBERSHIP FEES.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP Sweepstakes

Message 35 of 35

I think it's time we start openly complaining about AARP's sweepstakes, in particular, the $5-10 gift card offers, where you use your points to purchase entry tickets.  When I first started, each gift card had 50 winners, then it dropped to 25, and now it's 20. I used to win a card every few months, but now it's been almost a year and I've won nothing. Plus, now they're wanting you to use 98 points instead of 49. Finally, they state that there will be 20 winners per card, which is not correct. For example, they pick 20 names, but, say, only 10 winners respond to claim their prize within the specified period of time. They don't pick 10 more names to replace the ones that didn't respond. So, in essence, only 10 people won that prize.  If we don't complain, they're going to keep reducing the number of winners and increasing the number of points you have to use. It's getting to be not worth the effort to try and win a $5 Applebee's card. What say you?

Kudos
Views
Replies