Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Sweepstakes

Message 31 of 56

I actually did once receive a $25 gift card in the mail by the entry you are given by logging in, without "buying" an entry.

It was about 3 years ago. A very pleasant surprise.

Karen

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 56

Question for anyone who has won a sweepstakes: Did any of you win as a result of just logging in without buying more chances?

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 56

@CanRil67   I understand that you have been in touch with our Rewards team and that they are looking into this issue.  You have been confirmed as a winner of the Walmart Grocery Grab. The Rewards team will be getting in touch with you directly.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 56

Hello @ej64073754 

I haven't entered a Sweeps in years, it's a way for members to deplete their points and no chance of ever getting enough points for valuable items bidding.  I also saw post in the Community that all AARP employees could bid and perform all the same tasks as members, being able to see things before us and winning bidsSmiley Sad

Have a Blessed Day,

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 56

Well, I've been entering these sweeps for a long time, and I honestly can't remember one for a $500 Walmart gift card, especially one that's been recent. You can go to the "Rewards for Good" page, click on "Sweepstakes," then on "Closed Sweepstakes," to see the ones within the last month or two. I saw one that had a Walmart $15 gift card - if you click on it, it will bring up the names of the winners. You can look to see if your name is listed. No chance you're thinking of the number of points you used to enter was 500? (50 points a day times 10 days.) Anyhow, if you're not getting any on line help (which you won't), call: 1-888-OUR-AARP

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 56

I’m extremely disappointed! I recently won a sweepstakes for a $500 Walmart gift card. When I got the card there was only $15 on it!!! I have tried to message through the website and I keep getting responses how to joi. I want to know where the rest of the money is. I can’t get anyone to help me. 

Candyce

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 56

As long as winners are not contacted via telephone, that is great. This is because of the substantially increased volume of scam calls, I no longer answer calls from incoming telephone numbers that I don't know. If no messages are left, then I'll never know that I have won. Therefore, other means of contacting winners, other than telephone, are preferable. 

I sometimes check my SPAM box in my email just to see if relevent emails were erroneously automatically forwarded there.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 56

If you read the rules, anyone who lives in the US and is at least 18 years old can open a free AARP account to join Rewards For Good. So, this increases the number of sweepstakes/gift card participants dramatically. Also, while other companies who sponsor sweeps do not allow their employees to enter, Reward For Good does not make this statement. Something seems a little fishy to me. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 56

I am about to stop entering these sweepstakes. The odds must be akin to the power ball. I have been entering regularly for years and have never won one thing, not even a $10 gift card. It doesn't seem worth the effort. Rewards for good? Where are the rewards?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 56

What the heck is going onj

Kudos
Views