Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Sweepstakes

Message 21 of 35
No sure which sweeps you're referring to. There's 2 different pages - one is where you click on "Rewards for Good" at the top of the page, and then click on Visit The Rewards Catalog." The other one, the one that usually offers bigger prizes won't be found there. At the main AARP page, scroll all the way down to the bottom and click on "Sweepstakes." That will take you to a page where you can see the latest sweeps offered. Right now, there's only one.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 35

What happened to the page for the sweepstakes? I cannot find it anywhere. Is it already over?

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 35

@ej64073754  

You’re right that we made some changes to our sweepstakes recently. We noticed that our higher value featured sweepstakes received more participation than our weekly sweepstakes. With this information, we decided to beef up the value and number of our featured sweepstakes each month. You might have noticed we added one more featured sweepstakes in the month of January compared to December.

We’re constantly working to find the right mix of rewards for our Rewards for Good participants. Your feedback is incredibly helpful to us and we will keep it in mind as we plan future sweepstakes prizes for the program.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 35

@AARPTeri - Okay, thank you. 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 35

@ej64073754  I am not sure what you are referring to regarding the extra entry?  Our Official Rules for each sweepstakes state that “When you log in to the AARP Rewards for Good website, which can be accessed through www.AARP.org, you will receive 1 Ticket(s) into the Promotion. Limit of 1 Ticket(s) via this method each day.” Members do not receive an extra entry.

Please let us know if you see communications that indicate Members get an extra entry. We will correct them immediately.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 35

@MaVolta and @ej64073754

Potential winners will be notified by email, mail or via the Message Center on the website after the drawing date. You can find this information in each sweepstakes’ Official Rules.

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 35

No, I don't think you're being cynical at all. I think there's something going on with these sweeps that AARP needs to look into. Thanks for your insightful comments.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 35

So, in other words, what you're essentially saying is, "Like it, or lump it."

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 35

OMG! Can you say boilerplate? Come on, AARPTeri, most of us have been around long enough to recognize PR double-speak.

As to the original question about restricting sweepstakes to AARP members, it's been a while since I had to design a sweepstakes, but I vaguely remember something about not allowing certain requirements, such as membership or purchases, in order for the sweepstakes to be legal. As I remember, the rules for sweepstakes are complicated, if not completely arcane.

But there's no similar reason for AARP dropping the number of winners per sweepstakes, which does make it more difficult to win. Unless, of course, that reader/visitor engagement on the website has precipitously dropped to correspond with the drop in prizes. That would not speak well about the marketing of the R4G site  -- one assumes it's not being done this way in order to prove lack of visitor interest so the program can be shut down.

But perhaps I'm being cynical (ya think?) <g>

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 35

@ej64073754

Thank you for your feedback.  We reallly value your dedication to the rewards program and appreciate your feedback on some of the recent changes to the Rewards for Good sweepstakes experience. 

We aim to be as transparent as possible with the rules for all of our sweepstakes – especially around the number of prizes awarded. We would love to know if there is a way we can better communicate the details that are most important to you, without having to read through the fine print.

All of our sweepstakes are odds-based, and we offer a variety of ways to enter in order to keep the playing field level. Some sweepstakes are more popular than others, which impacts the odds of winning. This could be a reason why you haven’t won recently. And while using your points to enter sweepstakes can increase your odds of winning, remember that you are automatically entered each day when you visit the Rewards Catalog.

Watch for new sweepstakes opportunities each week, and remember to visit the Rewards Catalog for your daily entry.

Rewards for Good Team

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views