Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP LOCKED POST: Missing Daily Recipe Search Tool (Health) Category!!!

Message 1 of 15

@mi4090 

Morning Marilyn 

The other topic about Missing Recipe was started by me if you didn't know that believe Teri mentioned in her reply to you was me

I don't feel them condensing to one thread is stopping anyone from saying what they want just confines it to one thread A person can still post what they desire about the topic

Believe also it makes it easier for Community Helpers to respond to all on one thread 

Anyway just wanted to share my experience so you would know wasn't about who posted or started thread or anyone trying stop any posts nor a personal attack to anyone Since I had happen to me On my 1st time since I'd not seen it before I sent private message to Community leader and she responded there vs on thread to let me know how & why threads gets locked 

Have a blessed weekend! 

Ginger  : )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@gm5271 

Hi Ginger,

It was posted by another member regardless of the number of post with same or similar issues they shouldn't b locked.  Attempt 2 stop me from getting info from other R4G members.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@mi4090 

Hey Marilyn 

Also want to say hate wasn't around when your posts were getting locked 

I have debated replying about the "hot" topic since was while back but did want to let you know I've had topics locked few times....once when main person over community replied & felt topic was settled she locked it and I've seen others topics locked on other community site pages  when the same type of question or comment is being posted so as to keep issues together So it is a normal practice they've had for years Teri should have let you know as she did later before all the upset. Sorry it was trying time for you and others 

Also Congrats on your growth in the community to think you posted to me wondering about how do things and such You've found your way

Its truly a blessing we all have each other

Have a beautiful weekend! 

Ginger  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@mi4090 

Hey Marilyn 

No where have I seen on site does it say that you will earn 5000 points everyday R4G doesn't claim to offer that They have a daily limit of 5000 points a day you can earn

& when year rolls over It takes me several days of earning 5000 points b4 get all available done Also as older members will say there used to be many more points to be earned than we have now therefore explaining why they set a daily limit that can be earned but don't say/advertise that you will earn that many each day

My thoughts, 

Ginger : ) 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@ks18192309 

Karen you are so right, have complained about the lie of getting 5,000 pts. daily everywhere.  It's false advertising, plain and simpleSmiley Mad

Have a Great Evening,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@ks18192309 

Thanks for the Kudos, it's a sham that they would lock the postSmiley Mad

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

Don't forget,

75 points for logging in everyday.

Weekly quizzes for 225 pts

plus weekly topic quiz of 75 pts.

Monthly quizzes: 5,025 pts.

and then the once a year quizzes:  approx 57,000 pts.

No way to get 5,000 pts everyday all year long.

Karen

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

Hello @andrewtoo 

I read so many complaints about the Fitbit I didn't want to even try thatSmiley Surprised

Issues, problems and declining point earning activities is so sad!

Have a Great Day,

AndrewToo

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

Hello @mi4090 

I'm sure that I didn't get exactly 5,000 points.  I have a fitbit device and usually get 150 points for taking 10,000 steps in a day (a treadmill helps.)  Unfortunately, the points don't always make it to my account, so I might have to call to get an adjustment every so often. I had to get an adjustment from them for points missed and I got them on the first day of the month, limiting my earnings to just below 5,000 after taking everything into account.  If this sounds confusing...that is because it is confusing.  A fitbit discussion frequently ends with more questions that answers.

All the Best,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

@andrewtoo 

I'm only able to earn 4,800 points monthly, how you getting the other 200 points?  No activities for 200 pointsSmiley Sad

I was working on taking every quiz/activity on the website in February which took about (2) weeks to complete everything.  I didn't know about the Spanish activities until March and discovered (8) Spanish (Yearly) activities had expired via R4G (Customer Service #).  Maybe the other 4 had already been removed?  I called in about the Spanish quizzes!

I started posting in the Community to see if everyone was having the numerous issues that I was encounteringSmiley Sad

Thanks for all your help, getting more information here than from R4G Customer ServiceSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day,

Kudos
Views