Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: A Happy Note About the Rewards for Good Program

Message 1 of 3

IM42Golf wrote:

Thank you for the information.

@IM42Golf  You are welcome. Here's hoping you are able to take great advantage of the deals. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Bronze Conversationalist

Re: A Happy Note About the Rewards for Good Program

Message 2 of 3

Thank you for the information.

Antoine S. Madere
Treasured Social Butterfly

A Happy Note About the Rewards for Good Program

Message 3 of 3

As we are all aware, the R4G program has had its share of problems in the past (covers mouth) way too many years, and I've complained along with the rest of you.

But not today. Today I have praise. Yup: praise.

DH and I bought a pair of $100 JC Penney gift cards for 15% off face value (so $100 value for $85.) Then we beat feet to the nearest JC Penney Clearance Center, and bought 22 items. Most of which was 70-90% off. Fleece pajama pants, fleece pull overs, a zippered fleece jacket, socks, mock turtle necks, Henley style t-shirts, polos, pocket t-shirts, v-neck tops and more. And we still have $53 bucks to spend. But get this: when we took back a few ill-fitting items, the refund went directly to our AARP cash back credit card, so not only did we save on the gift cards, now the balance is on our credit card. Which means we'll also be earning cash back on the remains of the original $200. And of course, we can spend that money wherever we like.

Moral to the story: unless you need cutting edge fashions, get thee to the Rewards Catalog and buy some JC Penney gift cards, then zoom to the closest JC Penney Clearance Center and save big time.

Best 2,000 rewards points I've ever spent! (I actually spent 3,000 points, but you get a 1,000 point promo code with your order.) Smiley Happy

PS There are smaller denomination gift cards available in the Rewards Catalog. Also, if there is no Clearance Center near you, just shop their clearance items on the web. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors