My wife and I visit my son in Chicago a few times each year.  We went on July 4th and had just a fantastic time.  We stayed in a downtown hotel and, as evening approached, we walked over to the Navy Pier area where they have their fireworks.  It was really an interesting experience as everyone was leaving their apartments, hotels, etc and walking over to Lakeshore Drive to WATCH THE WORKS.  The energy in the air was palpable and there was a long line of people lining Lakeshore Drive.  Once the fireworks started, Lakeshore Drive came to a standstill and all traffic stopped to watch.  Numerous boats came and were anchored in the harbor there.  The fireworks were great but it was just as entertaining watching everyone, in this big city, congreate to experience the same thing.  For once, the city slowed down to a stop and everyone was on the same page ..... that was unique.  If you've never been to a big city, you need to experience it at least once.  There is a definate energy to it all and the city seems have of life of it's own.  However, watching the fireworks in Chicago was a new experience altogether.

0 Kudos
AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.