Before selecting a cruise itinerary that includes stops in India be sure and check what is the cost and involvement in getting a visa to visit from a cruise ship.  The cruise ship visa is different that the simple (eTV) visa.  It is much harder to complete and cost much more. But you must have a visa even if you stay on the ship. 

First of all, it is very hard to get a straight answer on the cost. You will be required to go through a visa service to obtain it.  The service will have various fees that they will tack on above the basic charge.  It is estimated that my wife and I will spend almost $500.00 dollars for just a few days tourism visit .

The information requested on the visa application extensive quite invasive. There is the threat of visa denial if the slightest mistake is made.  We have obtained at least 6 visas in the past and have never encountered such an unfriendly and incompetent system.

I would recomend not visiting India by cruise unless you are absolutely convinced it is worth the trouble.     

0 Kudos
AARP Terms of Service
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.