I guess one could never change the mind of someone who wants to visit San Francisco and take in all the oh-so-well-known museums, halls, city-marked historical-type landmarks, clubs, etc., standard vacation destinations, BUT if you have already partaken of these delights, maybe you ought to start considering the San Francisco Bay Area! A place that I enjoy visiting, partly because of my background here in Silicon Valley, and partly because I enjoy the history (of which I have become a part), and partly because I am an engineer at heart and looking at parts, and prototypes, and logistical drawings, etc. is my cup of tea, is the Computer History Museum.

Spoiler
[(AARP! This is an aside, not part of this review I have tried to write, genuinely ASKING for a look-up address for this. I am handicapped and don't have it--the address--anywhere nearby. Whenever I try to leave one program running to look up something, I invariably close/quit whatever file I specifically wanted to remain open, and then I manage to lose what I had written that contained the thing I was looking up! PS: AND, I am not a complete nerd when it comes to computers. I was an independent contractor here in the valley back in the days  of glory! Did corporate style checking, press proofs proofing, and more, particularly for Apple, and lots of editing, and illustration, and blah,blah, for companies all over the valley and beyond.)]
Spoiler
AARP: I apologize, but I am out of time and energy! My health can cause me to have to quit in the middle of something, and, since I don't know whether I can save and return to finish my diatribe! So sorry. It is a neat place!)]
Spoiler
If I can, I will write more, either later tonight or Wednesday. My Tuesday calendar is already packed, for me, R.L.F. Magee.)]

0 Kudos
AARP Terms of Service