Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Would you retire abroad?

Message 1 of 7

Yes! I am considering moving to Mexico or Brazil. I have visited both and the dollar goes a long way in both. Plus, Mexico is close to the U.S. and the people are so kind. The culture is so interesteing. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

Nope you could always use HER to cook anc clean! lol

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

If i were not married and did not have family close by, I would be out of the U.S. in a minute. Not overseas, but up in Canada. Canada is not densely populated, has many areas  close to scenic areas that are not as expensive as U.S. cities, better healthcare, less crime (especially violent).

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Absolutely not!  I have no wanderlust anymore.  So I would much rather be in a place I know.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Absolutely! I thought of it years ago, but even more so in the last few years, particularly due to growth of hate and disparagement in our home country.

Australia / New Zealand first choice (based on language, weather and economy similarities), but I have been told they only accept working individuals.

Greece next based on weather and culinary tastes Smiley Wink

I have not considered other locations, mainly due to weather conditions, but also language, as I feel I lost the ability to learn / speak other languages intelligently when my education ended...

Thanks @VoyagerVicki for an interesting topic!

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7
No way no how.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Would you retire abroad?

Message 7 of 7

Have you ever thought of retiring outside of the U.S. (or have you already)? If so, where would you like to go? What appeals to you about moving to another country in retirement?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors