Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Wondering if I made the right decsion

Message 21 of 24

I am in a bit of the same boat as you.  I retired from my job in February; the pension I'm receiving isn't really enough to exist so I'm ready to file for my social security.  I thought I would be able to find a job, part time or full, but so far, nothing has panned out.  I'm now regretting or second guessing myself about retiring in the first place.  Until, that it, I start to remember the way it was in work compared to how my days are now.  For the most part, I'm happy with the decision because I can do what I want to do.  The days I can't figure that out are the ones that are hard.  Once in a while, I've stayed in bed way too long because I didn't have a plan.  I try to stay upbeat though because I'm alive, healthy, have a roof over my head and the rest is up to me.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 24

I hope you made the right decision....since I am about to do the same. We only have one life to live...let's live it to the bet of our ability!!! Without the constraints of  full time work!!! Good luck...to the most amazing chapters yet!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 24
Midgiesmom,
Your feelings are normal. It is often sad to realize that one chapter of life is almost over. Don't worry...little by little you should begin to enjoy not having the stress of a full-time job. You can begin to explore other activities besides work. I wish you the best and hope you will send me a note.
SIMPLEGAL
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Wondering if I made the right decsion

Message 24 of 24
Hi everyone: Don't know if this topic is of interest but I'm 63 and last year I made the decision to begin collecting my social security. I have worked full-time for over 45 years and decided it was time to dial it back and do other things. After talking with my employer about it, they asked me to stay on at least part-time and I have agreed to do that since I will likely have to work in some capacity the rest of my life. Anyway, I have been looking forward to this new chapter in my life and we recently hired my full-time replacement. Now suddenly, I find myself depressed. What should be a time of looking forward to new possibilities and adventures is turning into a time of sadness. Has this ever happened to anyone else? And what do I do about it?
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies