Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 281 of 305

Hi,

Where is your home near Flagstaff?  Is it in the mountains?

Phoenix in the winter and Flagstaff in the summer...the best of both worlds.

Good for you!

I like the ocean.....but for now my home is "The Villages, Florida. 

d4ffb19a0748aab1e3659d67e6d4259c.jpg

@Bronco56 wrote:
We are retired and live in Phoenix. The winters are great! For the hot summers we bought a home near Flagstaff. Two hours apart and a lot cooler!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 282 of 305
We are retired and live in Phoenix. The winters are great! For the hot summers we bought a home near Flagstaff. Two hours apart and a lot cooler!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 283 of 305

I introduced my husband to the Smokies on our honeymoon, and he fell in love with the area, just like I did when I lived in TN.  Anybody know of a small cabin on a little piece of land with a view of the mountains?

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 284 of 305
I want to stay in Naperville and live in Naperville for my retirement . I. Love my city Naperville . From Anne Kimble
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 285 of 305

I'm going to retire in my house.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 286 of 305

We've retired 'in place'. We have been in our one-and-only house for almost 37 years. I would love to have a place out in the Pacific Northwest, but most of our respective families live within an hour's drive. So, we're staying here. We are on a few acres, so I have been indulging in big-time gardening for a lot of years. We'll stay here until we physically cannot handle the property.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 287 of 305

We are in Pennylvania now but want to go west to ski country and are looking for affordable suggestions.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 288 of 305
Our financial adviser told us, travel where you think you'd like to live, Rv or rent first. Once you make a move, you may be stuck. Some of his clients had bought in other states, after living there a couple years, hated it. Then couldn't sell. You don't want to get stuck. So we are traveling while we can. And after living in the Pacific Northwest rain, we know we don't want to live here. Expensive also. On a lighter note, you have everything in the state of Washington, great place to visit in the summer!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 289 of 305
Retired & left expensive Maryland to live much more comfortably in Hartwell, Ga.. With temperate climate, low cost of living, great golfing,. & beautiful Lake Hartwell,, Hart County Ga is known as "the best & friendliest little town by a dam site"! -- & that it is!!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 290 of 305

We have retired and are looking to move to Mexico. We spent 3 months down there this year and absoluety loved it. We are going back down there for 2 months and then back again next year

Kudos
Views