Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 151 of 342

The answer is simple: MEXICO. My wife and I are proud to be among the estimated 1 million + US expatriates who have chosen to live in Mexico. The cost of living is significantly better and friends tell us how expensive and impossible it is to live a decent retirement in the US. Despite news reports on cartels and violence, we feel safer here than we did in the United States. The current administration's policies are mean-spirited and immigration matters handled in an inhumane way. One of our best life decisions was to retire to Mexico.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 152 of 342
Hope you like hurricanes! The USVI was devastated considerably after Irma and Maria.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 153 of 342

The Charleston area is very expensive, unless you are rich.  Traffic is horrible, and I have not found the people too welcoming.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 154 of 342
We wanted the seasons, but not too cold any more. Moved from MA. Wanted affordable home. Not nuts about heavy rains in the appropriate months,but they do, indeed, bring beautiful flowers. Wanted to be no more than a day from the ocean. We picked KY and even after almost 20 years, have never looked back, We are in SW KY, only 20 miles from the TN border and 125 miles from Nashville. Love it here. Won't ever go back.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 155 of 342

We are coming to visit Port Charlotte 

in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait to check it out

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?i

Message 156 of 342

I want to live in Camas, Washington to be near my kids and grandkids. I hope to find an affordable condo on one level.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 157 of 342

I want to live near my kids and grandkids, so it will be in Camas, Washington. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 158 of 342

Scottsdale, Arizona is lovely for a solid 9 months - bit HOT in the other 3 months...but with the Grand Canyon (North and South Rim), Prescott, Sedona, Cottonwood, Flagstaff and all of the lovely mountain areas - 5000 feet or so... plenty of places to escape the heat and go fishing.  Definitely will remain in Scottsdale...but, may size down the home a bit.      

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 159 of 342

I retired in Hawaii but my daughter wanted to go someplace else.  She scouted around and decided, why not Las Vegas, Nevada.  We have sunshine, great weather, not humid, and only 4 or 5 months of cold, well, it would be cold to us(40-50) since living in Hawaii.  It's super hot 3 months and the house will be inviting.

Our family could come and stay with us.  Even friends could stop by as they go gambling and see the shows.  Actually Nevada is the 9th island of Hawaii.  Food is inexpensive and just about anything else.  Oh, the Dollar Store will blow you away!

so, we packed up and moved to Las Vegas.  We've been here 6 months.  I'm loving it!  It's all how you look at the place you moved- share your Aloha!  Share your compassion.  When, people asked me why did you move from Hawaii to Las Vegas?  Because it's Paradise!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 160 of 342

Take a look at Ocean Isle Beach, NC.  Inland Waterway side is nice.  Small town, but easy drive to Wilmington, NC or Murtle Beach, SC.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season