Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 181 of 353

I love Michigan summers. As a 30 year construction worker, the winters seem longer than I like now. Retirement is around the corner and New Mexico or Arizona would be ideal in the wintertime. I kinda want the best of both worlds.  Tax free pension state would be my choice to live when retired. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 182 of 353
Virgin Islands very great place and near the water.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 183 of 353

i don't know i need help with planning where and if I want an apt or a townhouse to relocate to or where I  would be happy.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 184 of 353

We live in the NW and love it but can see why snowbirds are snowbirds. Need somewhere warm for 1/2 the year. Maybe Costa Rica or Honduras.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 185 of 353

My wife and I are retired and live in New Jersey. We have sold our home and renting while we decide where we want to move. The choices are either stay in New Jersey or move to Pennsylvania. Each state has it's pros and cons, however, we need some definite info on which state overall is the best for retirees. We do not want to move to Pa. and when we get here find that, overall, it isn't any cheaper than NJ. Can anyone help?

Robert J Farr
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 186 of 353

What do you want to do when you get there?  What gives you meaning in your life? Will you find it there?

Carol King

Where Shall I Live When I Retire?

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 187 of 353

I would like to retire to charlottesville or Fredericksburg. Which is better for seniors and cost of living?

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 188 of 353

You’re so lucky to be a writer. I’ve always wanted to retire to Fairhope, Al. When I was a young kid, I was told writers, like Herman Hesse, retired there. It’s a beautiful area on Mobile Bay near Gulf Shores. 

St. Augustine is a beautiful area, but I like being on the Gulf because the water is warmer. 

Fairhope isn’t as expensive as St A, but it’s a lot more expensive than when I was a kid. Some people are moving to Daphne and Dauphin Island which is one of my favorite places in the world. 

We currently live in Overland Park, Kansas, a suburb of Kansas City and I just hate the weather. It snowed on Easter.

Good luck to you.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 189 of 353
Move...make new friends...discover new places...
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 190 of 353
Henderson NV. Yes it’s hot... but cheaper to buy a home there. Also, I’m tired of the cold
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors