Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?

Message 161 of 353

I am staying in my house because it is comfortable and close to my grandkids!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 162 of 353

The answer is simple: MEXICO. My wife and I are proud to be among the estimated 1 million + US expatriates who have chosen to live in Mexico. The cost of living is significantly better and friends tell us how expensive and impossible it is to live a decent retirement in the US. Despite news reports on cartels and violence, we feel safer here than we did in the United States. The current administration's policies are mean-spirited and immigration matters handled in an inhumane way. One of our best life decisions was to retire to Mexico.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 163 of 353
Hope you like hurricanes! The USVI was devastated considerably after Irma and Maria.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 164 of 353

The Charleston area is very expensive, unless you are rich.  Traffic is horrible, and I have not found the people too welcoming.

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 165 of 353
We wanted the seasons, but not too cold any more. Moved from MA. Wanted affordable home. Not nuts about heavy rains in the appropriate months,but they do, indeed, bring beautiful flowers. Wanted to be no more than a day from the ocean. We picked KY and even after almost 20 years, have never looked back, We are in SW KY, only 20 miles from the TN border and 125 miles from Nashville. Love it here. Won't ever go back.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 166 of 353

We are coming to visit Port Charlotte 

in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait to check it out

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you want to live when you retire?i

Message 167 of 353

I want to live in Camas, Washington to be near my kids and grandkids. I hope to find an affordable condo on one level.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 168 of 353

I want to live near my kids and grandkids, so it will be in Camas, Washington. 

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 169 of 353

Scottsdale, Arizona is lovely for a solid 9 months - bit HOT in the other 3 months...but with the Grand Canyon (North and South Rim), Prescott, Sedona, Cottonwood, Flagstaff and all of the lovely mountain areas - 5000 feet or so... plenty of places to escape the heat and go fishing.  Definitely will remain in Scottsdale...but, may size down the home a bit.      

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 170 of 353

I retired in Hawaii but my daughter wanted to go someplace else.  She scouted around and decided, why not Las Vegas, Nevada.  We have sunshine, great weather, not humid, and only 4 or 5 months of cold, well, it would be cold to us(40-50) since living in Hawaii.  It's super hot 3 months and the house will be inviting.

Our family could come and stay with us.  Even friends could stop by as they go gambling and see the shows.  Actually Nevada is the 9th island of Hawaii.  Food is inexpensive and just about anything else.  Oh, the Dollar Store will blow you away!

so, we packed up and moved to Las Vegas.  We've been here 6 months.  I'm loving it!  It's all how you look at the place you moved- share your Aloha!  Share your compassion.  When, people asked me why did you move from Hawaii to Las Vegas?  Because it's Paradise!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors