Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What do you guys really think about Alex Trebeck and his Insurance Commercial

Regular Contributor

What do you guys really think about Alex Trebeck and his Insurance Commercial

I am thinking about buying the insurance from the commercial by Alex Trebeck who host that famous game show on television. I think it targets baby boomers, but how legitimate is it and has anybody on this site ever used it?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

RIGHT NOW I FEEL ANY INSURANCE CO. IS A LOT BETTER THE HARTFORD INSURANCE.!!!

THE HARTFORD HOME INSURANCE CLAIM DEPT.

After Years Paying My Hartford Insurance Homeowners Premium Policy. My First Time Hartford Insurance Claim. This What Happen.

I TRY TO  COMPLAINT TO THE HARTFORD HOME INSURANCE CLAIM DEPT. I TALK TO 3 CLAIM MANGERS... ABOUT YACK CONSTRUCTION ALL I GOT IS THE RUN A RUN FROM HARTFORD HOME INSURANCE CLAIM DEPT. MANDERS.!!!!

LAST TIME I TALK TO HARTFORD HOME INSURANCE CLAIM DEPT. THEY TOLD ME, I SIGN, APPROVALING YACK CONSTRUCTION INC. TO DO YOUR REPAIRS. THAT'S  HARTFORD HOME INSURANCE COMPANT RULES... I TOLD HER SHOW ME ANYTHING, ANY PAPER I SIGNED APPROVALING YACK CONSTRUCTION INC.??? NO ANSWER.!!!!!

Hartford Insurance Claim. On OR ABOUT 3/30/2019 Yack Construction Inc. Appraisal Arrived...
I SLIP IN BATHTUB AND MADE A HOLE IN THE TILE ABOUT 12 INCH. X 4 INCH.  ALL OF THE SUB- CONSTRUCTION REPAIR WORK HAS BEEN DONE... ( SO FAR I WAS HAPPY WITH  ALL  OF THE SUB- CONSTRUCTION REPAIR WORK.)  ONLY WORK MUST BE DONE, THE SHOWER DOORS, WATER PROOF CAULKING AROUND SHOWER DOORS FRAME AND INSTALLING SHOWER TOWEL RACK.AND INSTALLING TUB & SHOWER FAUCETS... 
ON OR ABOUT MARCH 18 OR 19 JOHN BROUGHT A CHEAP NEW SHOWER DOORS FROM HOME DEPOIT..  AND 4 DAYS LATER YACK CONSTRUCTION INSTALLED THE SHOWER DOORS. A WEEK LATER YACK CONSTRUCTION WANTED TO INSTALL THE SHOWER DOOR TOWEL RACK  BUT WHEN I SEEN THE CHEAP QUALITY SHOWER TOWEL RACK.. I GOT UP-SET, I CALLED YACK CONSTRUCTION EMPLOYEES "STUPID".. I GOT ANGRY. BECAUSE OF THE CHEAP SHOWER DOORS AND SHOWER TOWER RACK.!!! MY OLD SHOWER DOORS WAS CHROME FRAME SHOWER DOORS.. AND THE SHOWER DOOR RACK WAS ALSO CHROME AND SQUARE JOHN GOT ROUND AND CHEAP.!!!  FROM HOME DEPOIT.!!!!

MY WIFE AND I WENT TO "HOME DEPOT"  TO PRICE THE  FRAMELESS SHOWER DOORS..
HOME DEPOT PRICE FROM $112.00 - $146.00 AND $188.00.!! YES JOHN GOT THE CHEAPEST 
$112.00
THE SHOWER DOOR TOWER RACK AT "HOME DEPOT" PRICE FROM $23.00 - $52.00 AND $88.00 ONCE AGAIN JOHN GOT THE CHEAPEST SHOWER DOOR RACK $23.00.. WHAT MADE THINGS WORST JOHN GOT THE INSIDE SHOWER HANDLE WITH KNOBS?? WHY I DON'T KNOW MAYBE JOHN IS JUST CHEAP.??? 

THAT DAY I CALLED JOHN AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CHEAP SHOWER DOORS WITH FRAME AND THE CHEAP SHOWER HANDLE AND I TOLD JOHN THERE SHOULD BE 2 SHOWER HANDLE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE.. JOHN SAID NO I HAVE PHOTOS ONLY 1 SHOWER HANDLE.. I TOLD JOHN WHEN I FALL BACK I GRAB THE SHOWER HANDLE AND STRIP THE SCREW HOLE AND THREW IT AWAY, I KNEW IT CAN'T BE FIX... JOHN KEEP ON INSISTING THERE WAS ONLY ONE.!!!!      
WHY SHOULD I LIE.??? WE WAS THE FIRST FAMILY TO LIVE IN OUR HOUSE, 30 YEARS....

NOW JOHN OF YACK CONSTRUCTION STOP ALL THE WORK.!!!!

YACK CONSTRUCTION COMPLEATED THE REPAIR BUT I'M STILL NOT HAPPY WITH THE HOME DEPOIT, CHEAP SHOWER DOORS AND FIXTURES...  
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@2lolo 

Your post has nothing to do with the actual subject of the thread but perhaps you will get some responses to your identical post on the other board.

To give you a short reply to your query - 

Perhaps you should have stipulated the details of what you wanted in the appraisal.  In fact, you could have even given model numbers for the replacements doors and fixtures; closest to what was being replaced.  If your policy didn't cover it at that quality, perhaps you could have paid the difference and be satisfied.

You need to make sure that you have total "replacement" value stipulated in your home insurance - it is more expensive but if you have quality and want it replaced with quality then that is what you have to pay for within the policy.

I assume you were there when the doors and fixtures arrive - before installation.  Perhaps that was the time to speak up - it is a little too late now.  

Sounds like you you have the problem with the quality of goods rather than the workmanship.  

Sure, you can change your homeowners policy to another company.  In fact, it is a good idea to shop around every few years prior to renewal.  Just make sure you compare apples to apples.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I Did Imform  John Of YACK Construction What I Wanted.. The Same Type Shower Doors Ect... I Also Told John, NOT Home Depoit Cheap Craps.!!!! In Every State City Or Town There Is A Place Where Construction Co.s Buys Everything With Construction Co. State License.... Only NON State License Repair Co. Buy From Home Depoit And Lowe's... I Believe John Of YACK Construction, Under Bid This Job To Save Money Or Make More Money, Buying From Home Depoit... 

Your Questions is Full Of 'IF" 

When The Doors And Fixtures Arrive And Installated Same Day... I WASN'T HOME... My Wife Don't Know Anything About Quality Of Doors And Fixtures...

As For The Workmanship... I Hired Bathroom Repair Co. To Fix All Of YACK Construction Mistakes.. 

NOW I'M SORRY.!!!! I GAVE YOU AND OTHERS "WARNING".!!!!!   

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My Post Is Just A Warning.... Things Can Happen From Hartford Insurance Claim Dept. Or Any Insurance Co...???

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Sandra - The show is Jeopardy  and the insurance company is Geico.  Yes, most people have heard of Geico.  I had Geico as my insurance company for several years, back about 20 years ago.  They are a good company.  I only stopped using them when my research determined I could get a better deal with another company.  A similar situation developed recently which caused me to switch from The Hartford to State Farm for my homeowners insurance.   Chances are that over a lifetime - if one stays on top of how and where they spend their money - they will change insurance companies at least several times.   

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I assume you're talking about Colonial Penn(?).

You can do the homework yourself. Do searches on the company and check their reviews, how well A.M. Best rates their finances. I like NerdWallet for info, but there are other sites that will give you pros/cons. 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP