Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Tiny Living

Message 1 of 36
I live about an hour below Atlanta and the medical failities are ok. I preferred care in NC, but this area is ok.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 36
Where do you want to move to? Research medical care for seniors first, then cost of living. How are you going to move all of your stuff??
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 36

U need to re-read the messages people are posting. At 80 years of age, of course, you might live as long as my mom and her cousin and her aunt who passed at 106, and in good health, but you might not.  Who have you designated to clean out your STUFF when you move on down the road? YOur kids are not going to love your treasures, It will be a burden for them to clean out. 

Make it easy on yourself and clear out the things you have and plan for less . Enjoy your life but you must ORGANIZE even if you never did before.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 36

what is the health care like in your area for seniors?  i.e. medical facilities, doctors, etc....  Thanks

PannB
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 36

My husband and I have been living in a 647 sq. foot Park Model for 4 yrs. now. We love it and have only what we need. We used to have one in Florida for 6 yrs. too, but we both have ill parents and had to come back to help take care of them. We don't have time for lots of stuff and it makes it easier to get things done and go about our day. You are not taking anything with you when you leave here, so why worry about it while you are here. Get rid of it or give it away, it's only stuff and a burden to you. Life is short and enjoy it every minute you can with family and friends.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 36

I am very interested in tiny living, however, there doesn't appear to be anything already established in my area.

Additionally, due to physical limitations, a one-story is a must.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 36

You can donate them to relatives who might want them. Ask. You can donate to charity. Have a giveaway or yard sale. Your heirlooms are STUFF to your kids. They will have the burden of cleaning out the house if you can't. If your health fails, what will happen?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 36

Nobody saves when putting years of STUFF into storage ! U are prolonging the inevitable. The 2018 tax code greatly limits your tax deductions. U cannot claim $12k unless you are a corporation. 

Have fun donating to charities near you or host a giveaway. 

Look at "Storage Wars" on tv to get an idea of what can happen to your storage bin. Kudos!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 36

U are not saving money putting anything into storage and then planning to donate or auction ofc later. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 36

Our last son is in his senior year at University and we decided to downsize from 4400 sq ft. to 1600 sq ft.  We love it but the boys hate it when they come to visit.  That's the point!  It's only our house now!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Claim your 1,000 Welcome bonus points!

Get Started with AARP Rewards.

Top Authors