Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Time to unite to save SS and Medicare

Anyone read The Washington Post today? 

Sen. Johnson suggests ending Medicare, Social Security as mandatory spending programs

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

The Senator opened mouth and inserted foot - No other Republican supported his statement - maybe he just had one too many.

I do like the idea of Trust Funds being reviewed annually by a group of bipartisan legislators like Congress.gov - S.1295 - 117th Congress (2021 - 2022)  - TRUST Act of 2021

Here is a thread on it - in the Social Security Board that is getting some new looks.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Social-Security/S-1295-TRUST-ACT-2021/m-p/2462270#M4618 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna

View solution in original post

Periodic Contributor

Surprisingly, I've only seen one response to this and it was emailed to me and not posted here.

The author of the response didn't take this serious and made it into a joke about Rand Paul. 

Google "republican plan for entitlements" this is a serious issue.  President Biden is now running ads showing his opposition to this plan and saying he will protect SS, Medicare and Veterans benefits.  There's some big name support for this republican plan to put "entitlements" on a five year plan to privatization - polite way to say elimination.  McConnell, Ron Johnson and many others are on-board with this.  Stop and think about all the outrageous things that have occurred in the past six years, this isn't simply a conspiracy theory, google it for the news and you'll see major media reporting on it. This is real and it will happen if we're quiet and the republicans do win control, they will follow through on this. 

Honored Social Butterfly

The Senator opened mouth and inserted foot - No other Republican supported his statement - maybe he just had one too many.

I do like the idea of Trust Funds being reviewed annually by a group of bipartisan legislators like Congress.gov - S.1295 - 117th Congress (2021 - 2022)  - TRUST Act of 2021

Here is a thread on it - in the Social Security Board that is getting some new looks.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Social-Security/S-1295-TRUST-ACT-2021/m-p/2462270#M4618 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Periodic Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP